PDA

View Full Version : Donald's Breakfast Safari?

Santuitman
02-23-2008, 08:07 PM
Hello, We are planning our next trip to the World (Sept 08) and are already planning our meals. We are wondering if anyone has been to the character breakfast, Donald's Breakfast Safari in AK. Did you like/ dislike it and why. Any input would be helpful. Thank you :mickey:

DisneyDD2
02-23-2008, 09:56 PM
We ate there in September '06. I believe they are now in a different location and they must have changed their name because at the time it was "Donald's Breakfastosaurus." My DW and I were a little disappointed. Our previous character breakfast experience had been really nice (MK's Crystal Palace) and the food at Don's didn't seem as good. My DisDad liked it, however. He had nothing to compare it to. I remember the character interaction was really good, maybe even better than CP's. It's hard to beat Mickey and Donald (there were also two others- Pluto and Goofy, possibly, or was it Minnie?). So "Yay" on characters, and "OK" with the food.

Camping Mom
02-24-2008, 12:04 AM
[QUOTE=DisneyDD2;1557143]We ate there in September '06. I believe they are now in a different location and they must have changed their name because at the time it was "Donald's Breakfastosaurus."

Yes, they are now in the Tusker House at Animal Kingdom. I thought the breakfast was very good because it is a larger variety now. They have ham which they cut for you, muffins, quiches, meats, and jamba juice which is awesome. If you went to the Breakfastosaurus, then you will quickly notice what IS missing...the fun! The wait staff used to come over and play tricks on the kids and do all sorts of magic tricks. Mike was the best!! Now that it has been moved to the Tusker House, it is "more refined" and more hoity toity. I miss the fun and the laughing from the Breakfastosaurus.

Santuitman
02-25-2008, 01:23 PM
We were thinking about the breakfastasaurus last year but didn't do it. Now that it's at the new location we were thinking about trying it this year.

Hayden's Dad
02-25-2008, 02:19 PM
We ate at Donald's Safari Breakfast at the Tusker House in November and loved it. Lots of space good character interaction and good food. It is a must do for us now an we will be going there again in May. Try to get an ADR before park opening so you can walk throught the park virtually by yourself. Have fun

aurorafan
02-25-2008, 03:56 PM
We did the Breakfastasaurus in Oct. right before it closed and loved it, so we are going to try out the new location when we go back in Dec. :). Hopefully it will be as good as the other one :mickey:

Magic Smiles
02-25-2008, 05:53 PM
As I previously posted on another thread:

We had a 10:30 breakfast at Tusker House. The characters were great, but I thought that the food was terrible! The service was pretty bad also.

There was Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy.

TheDuckRocks
02-26-2008, 11:32 AM
As I previously posted on another thread:

We had a 10:30 breakfast at Tusker House. The characters were great, but I thought that the food was terrible! The service was pretty bad also.

There was Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Daisy.

With the 8 AM ADR we had, our experience was the same as yours.

#1donaldfan
02-26-2008, 12:47 PM
We loved Breakfastsaurs.......and have been waiting for the Safari Breakfast to open.....I was looking forward to it, and I think I will still try it, even with the "several" above negative posts......:(:mickey:

mickeymousedabomb
02-26-2008, 12:48 PM
Our family ate here for the first time in November and thought it was great! Food was really good and filling the atmosphere was to the tee and service was also really good. We were in "Mickey's" room when it came time for the song & dancing. Mickey coxes the kids to get up grab a shaker and dance around him while they sing! All the characters do this too. We had an ADR for 8:05, which was perfect timing! For our '09 trip we will make 2 different ADR's for this place in the early AM for the two days we'll be ay AK!

Jared
02-26-2008, 01:50 PM
To those who had a bad experience, what was wrong with the food? I'm not a big breakfast fan, but I can't imagine a character buffet being that bad!

SurferStitch
02-26-2008, 03:12 PM
DH and I ate there in December, and we both agreed it was the best buffet we've ever had for breakfast. We had an 8:15 ADR, and it was so cool seeing AK so empty. Too bad there weren't any FP photographers around...would have made great pictures in front of the Tree of Life.

Our server, Neil, was one of the best servers we've ever had. He was very attentive, joked around with us a lot, and even took pictures of us with the characters. Turned out he was also a professional photographer (like us), so he did a great job with our photos. He even made me get up and do the "conga" line with Mickey... maracas and all.

Food was delicious. Very fresh, plentiful, and some original dishes. They also had some standard fare. There were so many yummy choices, it's a shame that there were some who found everything to be bad. Must have had an off day, I guess.

It's now a must-do for us, and we will be returning in May for another visit. Can't wait!!!

stitch34
02-26-2008, 07:31 PM
We've done Donald's a couple of times and enjoyed ourselves. Our only complaint was that we felt rushed as the characters had a lot of tables to get to in a short amount of time. We never witnessed any dancing:(. Hopefully we will this time. Also someone mentioned that Daisy was at the Safari breakfast instead of Pluto...does any one know if she is there everyday??? She is one of nieces favorites and she would be so excited!!!:joy::muscles:

SurferStitch
02-27-2008, 06:40 AM
We've done Donald's a couple of times and enjoyed ourselves. Our only complaint was that we felt rushed as the characters had a lot of tables to get to in a short amount of time. We never witnessed any dancing:(. Hopefully we will this time. Also someone mentioned that Daisy was at the Safari breakfast instead of Pluto...does any one know if she is there everyday??? She is one of nieces favorites and she would be so excited!!!:joy::muscles:

We actually had Daisy and Pluto when we were there, along with Donald, Mickey and Goofy. Maybe we were lucky.

BethieTink
02-27-2008, 08:35 AM
Also someone mentioned that Daisy was at the Safari breakfast instead of Pluto...does any one know if she is there everyday??? She is one of nieces favorites and she would be so excited!!!:joy::muscles:

I will be going in 76 days and Daisy is one of the main reasons I am going. I have read on other sites that she is a regular.

They seem to be bringing her out more (and more merchandise with her on it). If you don't see her at the breakfast ask at Town Hall in MK. I got lucky in October. I asked around 9:15 and was told she would be out in 5 minutes about 10 feet from where I was. It was great. I completed my Duck Quest on the first day of my 10 day trip. :cloud9:

stitch34
02-27-2008, 10:58 AM
We actually had Daisy and Pluto when we were there, along with Donald, Mickey and Goofy. Maybe we were lucky.

If it was luck, I hope:fingers: we are as lucky as you!!!:mickey:

KevGuy
02-27-2008, 09:08 PM
DH and I ate there in December, and we both agreed it was the best buffet we've ever had for breakfast. We had an 8:15 ADR, and it was so cool seeing AK so empty. Too bad there weren't any FP photographers around...would have made great pictures in front of the Tree of Life.

Our server, Neil, was one of the best servers we've ever had. He was very attentive, joked around with us a lot, and even took pictures of us with the characters. Turned out he was also a professional photographer (like us), so he did a great job with our photos. He even made me get up and do the "conga" line with Mickey... maracas and all.

Food was delicious. Very fresh, plentiful, and some original dishes. They also had some standard fare. There were so many yummy choices, it's a shame that there were some who found everything to be bad. Must have had an off day, I guess.

It's now a must-do for us, and we will be returning in May for another visit. Can't wait!!!

OMG!!! Neil from New York was the best server we EVER encountered at Disney!! He was unbelievable!! We went to the old Donalds Breakfastasaurus last April and had the best time all week there that morning. We still talk about it as we get ready to head back again this April. I am so glad to hear Neil is still there at the new location and we are now excited to be going back knowing he is there. Thanks for the post. Oh and as for the food when we went it was excellent and of course the service was simply the best Disney has to offer at any buffet imo!:mickey::number1::thumbsup:

Magic Smiles
02-28-2008, 07:35 AM
To those who had a bad experience, what was wrong with the food? I'm not a big breakfast fan, but I can't imagine a character buffet being that bad!

We had our first Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. That was AMAZING, everything great.
At Tusker house, I found that there was next to no selection of food and the few items I did choose to try were VERY SALTY. To tell you the truth I don't even remember what I ate. I do remember that the people at the table next to us piled their plates up, to leave pretty much full plates of food.
Our server was pretty much invisible. I waited at least 15 minutes once seated for a cup of coffee. Unfortunately I do not remember his name. The place was not busy so that could not have been the reason.
The character interaction was great. As it was a late seating, the characters were able to come around quite a few times and spent time with us every round. I had found at Chef Mickey's that the characters did not spend much time with us. Probably due to the fact that our DS is 15, but this was not the case at Tusker House.

SurferStitch
02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
OMG!!! Neil from New York was the best server we EVER encountered at Disney!! He was unbelievable!! We went to the old Donalds Breakfastasaurus last April and had the best time all week there that morning. We still talk about it as we get ready to head back again this April. I am so glad to hear Neil is still there at the new location and we are now excited to be going back knowing he is there. Thanks for the post. Oh and as for the food when we went it was excellent and of course the service was simply the best Disney has to offer at any buffet imo!:mickey::number1::thumbsup:

Yeah, we'll definitely be asking to sit in his section again. He really made the meal even more fun!

SurferStitch
02-28-2008, 09:54 AM
We had our first Character Breakfast at Chef Mickey's. That was AMAZING, everything great.
At Tusker house, I found that there was next to no selection of food and the few items I did choose to try were VERY SALTY.

Wow, that's too bad. The buffet area was very well stocked when we were there. Almost the entire perimeter of the buffet area was lined with food stations, both hot and cold. There was also a station in the middle with food. I don't remember anything being salty.

We actually found the selection to be bigger and more diverse at Donald's than at Chef Mickey's. We like Chef Mickey's, but Donald's just seemed to blow it away.