PDA

View Full Version : Lost Luggage

Tink&Goofy
02-23-2008, 06:55 PM
What happens of the airline loses your luggage on your way TO the world? If DME was going to handle the transfer, how would you even know it was lost? Wouldn't you still have to file paperwork at the airport? What if you need a voucher to get necessities to get you by? (Yes, I have been through this before).

Do you just find out your luggage is lost when it never shows in your room?

Anyone have this happen?

BigRedDad
02-24-2008, 02:59 AM
I have done an extensive search on this subject and have found very little that can be considered definite. Several people have said that DME will act on your behalf with the airlines. Another person posted that DME cannot act on your behalf. I am not sure which is the case. I am sure if the airline lost your luggage and you had to contact them, they would be willing to work with DME.

cindyrellinut
02-24-2008, 07:31 AM
I have actually had this happen to me. Last year one of my bags did not show up in the room with the rest of my luggage. I was traveling with 6 bags and only 5 were delivered. I called the Poly front desk and they got me in touch with Magical Express. The first thing Magical Express asked me for was the missing bags claim ticket number. With this information they sent somebody (That's what they told me. Don't they have tons of people already there?) back to the airport to find it and also had someone look through the cages on property. Eventually my bag was found and ended up in my room about 4-5 hours after my first bags arrived. I will say Magical Express was nothing but helpful. They kept in touch with me through the entire process letting me know if they had found my bag yet. They were also very patient with a crazy person who had packed all of her toiletries, snacks and son's diapers in one bag. :thumbsup:

#1donaldfan
02-24-2008, 09:23 AM
I'd say they were WAY more than just helpful.....especially if they were in constant contact with you, through that process that was only 4 to 5 hours later than the original bag delivery.....actually, that's awesome!!!!

TheRustyScupper
02-24-2008, 01:01 PM
1) It's a mixed bag. (no pun intended)
2) If the airline has the bag at MCO
. . . sometimes the bag is not handed to DME
. . . DME can ask the airline if the bag is on record
. . . if the bag is on record, DME can/will wait for the bag
. . . they are not acting on your behalf, just completing the bag transfer
3) If the airline doesn't have or can't find the bag
. . . if the airline says it isn't at MCO, DME has no power
. . . this is whether it is lost or misdirected to another city
. . . DME can't/won't do anything for the bag
. . . it is up to the guest to call the airline to straighten it out
4) The big point is whether the bag is at MCO and just got missed.
5) We have had complaints of missing luggage.
6) If the computer says DME never had it, the guest is told to call the airline.

NOTE: DME (actually BAGS, Inc) is not an agent for you. They are merely a transfer company. If luggage is lost by the airline, it is your responsibility to get it traced. "Lost by the airline" means the luggage was handed-off to the airline, thus they have possession.