PDA

View Full Version : Mickey at Coral Reef?

Hayden's Dad
02-22-2008, 10:29 PM
As many of you know my son is very sick. His disease is terminal and usually calls Gods little angels home by 24 months and thanks to all the thoughts, prayers, pixie dust from this board he will be celebrating his 26 month birthday on March 10 and we will be taking him for his third trip to his favorite place in May and celebrating his 28 month birthday while we are there. :D

I have heard rumors that it may be possible to have a diver swim by with a banner at the Coral Reef, and I have heard of Mickey himself diving in the tanks at the resteraunt. Does anyone know if this is still true or know who I can contact about a sign? Thank you for all your help.

WonderlandsMostWanted
02-23-2008, 12:10 AM
We ate at the Coral Reef in December, and it was WONDERFUL!!! (I recomend the lobster soup, it's so amazing! The chocolate wave, for better description, is served warm and with the white chocolate sauce inside. It's like a small, delicious warm from the oven brownie... We're counting down the days until we can so much as make our reservation for next Dec!)

Ahem, back on topic. :blush: There were divers with signs coming through in shifts over the course of our whole meal. I didn't see Mickey though.

Hopefully someon will be along soon who can tell you who to contact, as I'm not sure myself. You could try contacting Disney Dining, if they can't set it up, they may well know who to get you in contact with.

Happy birthday to your son! I hope you all have an amazing time! Let us know how the diver/Mickey situation pans out when you get back!

ltam16
02-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I wasn't able to get the divers & signs because they were booked for my ADR but I got special anniversary keepsake menus with pictures that I emailed a CM. It was real nice! This was 8/07

I spoke to Debbi 407 560 6856
and
Alicia 407 560 6636

They also did the booking for the dive signs.

Hope this helps! We saw Mickey in tanks 5/06!

Hayden's Dad
02-23-2008, 11:40 AM
Thank you so much. I will definately give it a try.

Stan
02-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Let me know if you get any resistance. I'm not exactly the most well connected guy in Orlando, but I do know a few folks who are and who I bet would move heaven & earth to make it happen, given your circumstances. :D

Hayden's Dad
02-25-2008, 10:51 AM
I left a message with Debbi this morning so hopefully I will hear back from her soon.

Let me know if you get any resistance. I'm not exactly the most well connected guy in Orlando, but I do know a few folks who are and who I bet would move heaven & earth to make it happen, given your circumstances.

Thanks Stan I appreciate that. I will keep you all updated on what ends up happening.

Mackflava99
02-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I have actually done the Dive myself four times in the tank, and i do remember once that one of the CMs who dove with us had a birthday sign-
So yes i do know its possible,

If i was there, i would have gladly done it for you

Good luck!!

Hayden's Dad
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
If i was there, i would have gladly done it for you

Thank you that means a lot to us.

pilk
02-26-2008, 07:16 AM
When will you be actually be at WDW in May?

Pilk

Hayden's Dad
02-26-2008, 10:07 AM
We are going May 12-17. Eating at the Coral Reef on the 14 at 8:40

ltam16
02-29-2008, 03:06 PM
Whaterver happened? Were you able to get the diver signs? How is your son doing? I remember another thread about an upcoming procedure! I've been thinking about you guys!

Hayden's Dad
02-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Sorry for the lack of updated. We had to take Hayden down to Chapel Hill for a minor surgery, but before I had left I had recieved a return voicemail from Debbi from the Coral Reef and emailed her, but I haven't had access to my computer for a couple of days so don't know if she has had an opportunity to write me back yet. I will check it tomorrow morning and will let you guys know. Thank you all for your concern.

LudwigVonDrake
03-01-2008, 07:29 PM
Happy Birthday to your son :wave:

My thoughts and prayers are with him. I hope he has a MAGICAL trip :tink:

Hayden's Dad
03-04-2008, 09:56 AM
I got an email from Debbi today and they are going to set us up with a diver and she wants some pictures of Hayden so they can make a customized menu. HOW COOL IS THAT!! I did have to change our reservation to a little earlier but that works for us. I am so excited. She said that we could have Mickey swim through too, but that would cost extra and we will see Mickey several other places. We are so excited. Thank you all for you help.

beksy
03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
I am so excited for you and happy that everything is working out! Have a wonderful trip! :mickey: