PDA

View Full Version : Is La Nouba a MUST-SEE?

laguna
02-22-2008, 09:50 PM
We will be leaving in 3 weeks for the land/sea cruise to WDW. Would you recommend the La Nouba show at Downtown Disney as a must-see? Is it worth the $? We have been to WDW several times in the past but never a show of this kind. Thanks!!

02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
We have seen it twice and I would go again if I had the chance. It is definitely a must-see and well worth the money.

Mickey 101
02-22-2008, 11:33 PM
We've only gone one time ourselves, but felt it was definitely worth it!

Piglet822
02-23-2008, 08:40 AM
If you have the opportunity I say go see it! I've seen it twice and am going for the 3rd time tonight.
My DBF has never been, it's his Valentine's Day present :)

DakotaDisney
02-23-2008, 03:22 PM
It is a great show! I loved it!

Although I wouldn't call it a must see. But if you have been to WDW before and seen most of everything else you enjoy and you have the opportunity to see it, do it! I think most people will agree it is worth the money. A top notch performance!

Polynesian Dweller
02-24-2008, 12:57 AM
The easy part to answer is to say that it is definitely worth the money. It is a spectacular show. But is it a must see? If you will take (or have taken) more than 1 trip to WDW then I'd say its a must see on one of the trips. You can see Cirque shows in other cities so this wouldn't be your only opportunity. So, I'd make sure I see the rest of Disney first.

Mary M
02-24-2008, 07:49 AM
This question comes up on the boards periodically, and I have never seen anything other than enthusiastic praise for the show.

I think Info Central should have the following entry about La Nouba:

La Nouba, Downtown Disney:
WORTH IT. No bad seats.

:mickey:

Seriously, though, it's a good show, and you'll be glad you went.

comicguy
02-24-2008, 05:50 PM
awesome show, I am 100% certain that you would love it:mickey:

Piglet822
02-24-2008, 05:57 PM
DBF loved it!!!! And he is not easily impressed. I say go for it.
We saw the 9:00 showing with dinner beforehand at Wolfgang Puck Cafe and dessert afterwards at Ghirardelli's. A perfect evening :D

RAIDER
02-26-2008, 04:07 AM
We went last year and it was brilliant ..Its certainly a spectacle and an experience you will never forget ... so yes

Another one which is very good but more music orientated and in many ways also surreal is the Blue Man Group if you have time :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
02-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Awesome show! Best I've seen anywhere! Go at least once! We won't go every trip, but you can bet we'll be back soon! :mickey:

pogo
02-27-2008, 10:50 AM
We've never seen it. :(

It was on our plan for our April trip which has been postponed until December. :mickey:

See it if you get a chance. :D

caryrae
02-27-2008, 10:53 AM
We've only gone one time ourselves, but felt it was definitely worth it!

:ditto:

kurt
02-27-2008, 11:13 AM
its one of my "must do every trip" items. i think its worth the $(i travel alone for vacation). based on this show i have attended other Cirque shows. but there are no intermissions(last time i went 06/06) & the show is about 1 hour 30 min.

debandbub
03-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Another vote for YES. Incredible and also somewhat indescribable. We've been twice and will probably, no scratch that, DEFINITELY do it again. Yes, it can be pricey, but there really are no bad seats in the house, so save yourself a few bucks and at least go for the mid-priced seats. It's well worth the money. I have been called, um, "frugal", shall we say, and I have no hesitation about dropping the bucks for that.

Rodders
03-04-2008, 12:39 PM
This is not a criticism of anyone but myself. I admire and respect the performers and producers of this show. I still hold it as an example of excellence even though I'm not sure it's for me.
I have seen lots of clips of Cirque on the TV and personally can't get into this type of entertainment. Maybe I'm just a misery but, is it so different in real life that I will enjoy it or am I a lost cause?

Goes4FastPass
03-04-2008, 04:19 PM
Is LaNouba good? Yes.
Worth the price of admission? Yes.

A necessary part of a WDW vacation? No - depending on how long your visit will be and what else you have planned.

There are 3 gotta-do evenings at WDW:
- Wishes/Spectro Magic
- Illuminations
- Fantasmic
and if you're already buying park admissions - especially if you're 'hopping' you can fill a lot of WDW evenings between WDW parks, dinners and DTD & BW without the added expense of LaNouba.

Ed
03-04-2008, 04:57 PM
In my book, it's definitely a "must see". :thumbsup:

In the last five years, we've seen it 7 times. (That alone should tell you something!) And every time we see something we missed the last time!

As others have said, there are really no bad seats in the cozy theater. I personally prefer seats on the second tier center section, where you can clearly see ALL the action. The seats down close to the stage seem too low to me; you have to look slightly upward, and you can miss activity taking place at stage floor level.

NJ Camper
03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
We have been putting this off becuase of the cost but maybe this year we will try to make it sounds like lots of people are recommending it so we will have to try it

dizzyworld
03-04-2008, 08:44 PM
go for it it really is a must see! it seems like alot of money but its worth every penny!

Mickey91
03-04-2008, 11:02 PM
We went and loved it!!! But, we didn't have to pay for it. We just sort of walked into a great opportunity by being in the right place at the right time. We definitely want to go back. But, our Disney vacations are just as great without it. So, I highly recommend going, but don't crimp the rest of the vacation to do it. Wait until it fits the budget well and you can enjoy everything!!:mickey:

disneyvivi1980
03-05-2008, 11:12 AM
A definite yes from me... then again, we, here in Quebec, L-O-V-E Cirque du Soleil and every time they appear on TV, we're told. Each tour shows begin in Montreal and Quebec City (except La Nouba, Wintuk) but every other show, we get to still experience the amazement of CDS!

I've been to four shows beside La Nouba and I feel like a proud parent! :blush:

A few years back, there was an outdoor show showcasing the history of Cirque du Soleil in downtown Montreal, the Montreal Jazz Fest and it was a huge huge crowd (I think close to 250 000 people) it was crazy but it was WOW!

So if you can, get tickets, you will not regret it!

PinKy
03-05-2008, 12:35 PM
All of the Cirque shows around the country are very very expensive, but they are so very worth it. It is an unusually talented group of performers and the show is just stunning. You will be absolutely amazed. Worth every penny.

Duchess99
03-06-2008, 02:51 PM
DEFINITELY!!!
I never thought I'd be a Cirque fan, but I loved it so much I got tickets to the traveling Cirque show when it come to my area.