PDA

View Full Version : Any comments on the Royal Plaza Resort in the Downtown Disney area???

ldc12377
02-22-2008, 07:33 PM
We are planning on driving straight through to Disney on our next trip and staying off-site for the first night. We thought we would try to stay at one of the Downtown Disney area hotels so that if we are feeling up to it after the drive and a nap, then we might go to DTD for supper a little shopping before starting our package the next day. The Royal Plaza sent us an email discount that is really pretty good. Has anyone stayed here before? The reviews are very scattered. People either love it or hate it, nothing in between. We will only be staying for one night so surely it won't be that bad, right? Anyone out there have any info that we need to know about this place?

02-22-2008, 10:19 PM
Well, I don't think this will help much, but we stayed there for our honeymoon almost 31 yrs ago. I'm sure it's changed some since. I remember the elevator that you can see outside as you are going up because I'm afraid of heights and this terrified me. We stayed in the honeymoon suite and it was really nice. I know you can walk to dtd from there. That's about all I can remember. It was a long time ago!