PDA

View Full Version : Which Moderate Resort?

AlvyOT08
02-22-2008, 07:03 PM
Hi everyone! some of you might have read about previous post. i'm planning on taking my mom and nana to disney for christmas 2008 as their christmas present. my mom will be 50 and my nana will be 88. Which moderate resort do you think would be the best one for us to stay at. My mom really wants to stay at POFQ. Is this a good resort. I've only stayed at the POP before. thanks a bunch!!! :mickey:

#1disneyfan
02-22-2008, 07:39 PM
I think I would choose the POFQ because of its quaintness. The other moderates are quite large and with a older nana in tow, it would be easier in a smaller resort. POFQ is beautifully themed, and I would request a building close to the main house. We did that when we stayed there and it was great. We were within steps of the pool, the laundry, the food court and the bus. I have read other posts about the noise level sometimes getting loud, but we did not find that to be the case at all. In fact, we stayed in our rooms all day on one day, due to our DD getting sick, and we heard very little noise. It was virtually the same at night and we were on the ground floor. Good luck and have a great time!

Bri
02-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I would also choose POFQ. It's very small and easy to get around, everything is very close and it isn't a long walk to/from the bus stop and the room. The theme is also very laid back, I don't think you can go wrong with POFQ.

GrmGrninGost
02-23-2008, 12:26 AM
POFQ should be perfect! I hope you have a great time! :mickey:

#1donaldfan
02-23-2008, 09:37 AM
I think your mom is right on it !!!! We always stay at POR riverside, but the FQ side is beautiful. It's much smaller and easier to get around, plus it's a "sister" resort to Riverside, so if you get bored with FQ (which I doubt) you can take a short 10 minute walk over along the river......you should have a great time !!! Plus, if your there after Christmas, you may just see us !!!!:mickey:

Kairi_7378
02-23-2008, 09:42 AM
POFQ and POR are great resorts. I've stayed at both. FQ is nice because it is compact. Nothing is very far from anything at FQ. The one thing that I am concerned about is your Nana's mobility. Can she climb stairs? If not, be sure to request a first floor room or the mansion section of POR because those buildings have elevators.

mrsgaribaldi
02-23-2008, 10:16 AM
We have stayed at all of the moderate resorts more than once. POFQ used to be my favorite. I liked the closeness of the resort. It felt nice and cozy. The rooms had been newly redone so they where nice too. Now I like them all, alot. If your mom really wants to stay there I don't think any of you will be disappointed. We stayed at Coronado Springs earlier this month and in Dec. The place is huge but I really liked it alot. I liked the food court too. They have alot of selections at the Pepper Market. We both felt that it was very expensive. We went for lunch one day after returning to the resort. It was $32 for 2 people, we had Chicken Quesadilla served with black beans and rice and some fruit cups, no lobster or steak;) The next time we ate there, we split a meal. They didn't mind and it was cheaper and really no food was wasted. Never use the buses so I can't help you there.
I think all the moderates are pretty nice. Beautiful grounds at all of them. If you want to see any pictures, send me a PM.
Are you going to get one room or two? I don't know exactly when you are planning to go but if it's possible, you might want to get 2 rooms.
Have fun planning your trip:mickey:

AlvyOT08
02-23-2008, 11:57 AM
Thanks everyone! Were probably jsut going to get one room, cuz it will just be the three of us. it seems dumb to get another room. i do like the small size of POFQ and that's what my mom is set on. My nana doesn't care. She even said the other night aobut not going cuz of the walking and i told her I'd get a wheelchare. I just think that she doesn't want to be a bother. oh well. i even offered to take my brother and pay for half his trip, but he doesn't want to go. i have no idea what's wrong with him. so now i'm leaning to POFQ. my mom said we can always just go and visit the deluxe resorts to see the drocations and she's right. more money for souvenirs.:mickey:

Checkers
02-23-2008, 12:03 PM
:mickey:My DH & I are going the end of Apr. and are staying at the POFQ. We love it there. It is small, quaint and everything is close. Just a reminder that the moderates have 2 double beds so that might be a consideration. Have a great time!