PDA

View Full Version : Pal Mickey

brertosh
02-22-2008, 05:28 PM
I was reading recently about Pal Mickey. He sounds unbelivably cool. We are visiting WDW in June for the first time ever. I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase him and since I have 2 kids, would I need 2 PM so they wouldn't fight over him?

whistlewhileyouwork
02-22-2008, 07:10 PM
I also have two children........and i have 2 pal mickeys. It really is a neat gadget. My kids are 7 & 9 and they get a real kick out of it. Sceptical at first, and its a bit pricey but we have gotten our moneys worth out of both.:mickey:

brertosh
02-23-2008, 05:21 AM
Thank you for the advice. sounds like something i may need to invest in.

DNS
02-23-2008, 12:26 PM
I got one for myself the first year they came out, in 2002 or 2003. I love mine. We have been to the the parks so many times now so I don't take mine in the parks anymore, but I always take him with us on our trip. I've read mixed reviews on him, I think mostly because the price is a little high, but I definitely plan to get my 10 year old niece one when we go this fall. I think if it's in your budget to get two, your kids would probably enjoy that more. And they even have a few outfits you can buy for him.

HairyBear
02-23-2008, 12:42 PM
I purchased A Pal Mickey the first year they were out. He is a little hard to carry around even with the lanyard and with the high price tag if the kids have Mickey I watch closely, there are so many times in line that you start and stop that they may leave him. After a while I usually end up with Mickey hanging around my neck. This a neat purchase I don't know if you need 2 but the one thing I like about him is that Mickey tells you about things as you pass by. Also the feature of telling you when lines are shorter at certain attractions is cool also. I'm not convinced that the information is accurate or not.A couple of times I arrived at an attraction that was packed after Mickey said there was a short line. Maybe they could come out with a more portable device that was like Pal Mickey but maybe pocket sized.:mickey:

Aurora's Spindle
02-23-2008, 12:44 PM
I heard about Pal Mickey back in '05 and have wanted one desperately ever since ... and I'm 23 years old! It's amazing that Disney can imagine all of this neat stuff, right down to stuffed animals that not only tell jokes, but also give you information and fun facts about the parks.

I think if it were me, I would definitely splurge for two of them if it were within my budget. I know I wouldn't want to share him! But if your kids are good at sharing, you could always get just one and work out a time-table type of thing.

momof3+twins
02-23-2008, 04:02 PM
How much do they cost? How big are they? I couldn't imagine carrying a stuffed animal around with me all day.

MickeyChick
02-23-2008, 05:27 PM
He's $65 and is about the height of a Barbie doll, not very big at all. He does have a very nifty belt clip.

DisneyFanaticDargon
02-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know if they've added new sensors to any of the parks recently, and if so, are they compatible with the older Pal Mickeys? I have the Happiest Celebration on Earth Pal Mickey so if there are new ones, will he work with them?

Lizzie
02-24-2008, 12:32 PM
We have one and have a lot of fun with him. But I would only buy one. I think your kids would get tired of carrying him around all day if they each had one.

disneyfanfromoz
04-01-2008, 05:15 AM
Does Pal Mickey work at all of the parks or just MK?
It sounds fantastic and will definately be getting one for my son when we go to WDW later in the year.

KineGirl
04-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Does anyone know if they've added new sensors to any of the parks recently, and if so, are they compatible with the older Pal Mickeys? I have the Happiest Celebration on Earth Pal Mickey so if there are new ones, will he work with them?

Yep they do! I got mine the first year and he's good to go. I cant remember what any of the new ones (sensors) are but I know you can take your Pal Mickey to Town Hall/Guest Services to be sure he is updated! Thats what I did when I asked a CM that very same question. And he does work in all the parks! Cool huh? :mickey:

DisneyCrazy4444
04-01-2008, 07:33 PM
Yep they do! I got mine the first year and he's good to go. I cant remember what any of the new ones (sensors) are but I know you can take your Pal Mickey to Town Hall/Guest Services to be sure he is updated! Thats what I did when I asked a CM that very same question. And he does work in all the parks! Cool huh? :mickey:

I was just wonder but i had a pal mickey from the Happiest Celebration and I posted a thread on my old intercot name and i was told i had to but a new one, so when i went down during Year of a Million Dreams i bought a new one.

WhiteRose1
04-01-2008, 08:03 PM
I got mine in 03 when I went on my Honeymoon. I'm bringing him back...He was fun, but it did get kinda old carrying him around. I did not get a lanyard or clip. he wound up going in our backpack.

So when you brought him to guest services, did they just give you a new PM or just do something to him so he was updated? Mine has kinda smudgy hands/gloves, because *someone* played with him while they had sticky fingers...grr...

disneydad153
04-03-2008, 08:02 PM
We have one from 2005 that My friend got at xmas with her Disney employee discount. I don't think it is worth the full price of $65.00. I remember when they came out, they were only around $30 and you could also rent it for the day. The kids play with it in the morning but its usually in the pack by noon time. :mickey:

KineGirl
04-03-2008, 10:50 PM
PAL MICKEY - You can tell if he's been updated by taking him to the statue of Minnie and Roy near the flagpole at MK. He should start talking or vibrate. If he does not, do not take him to the Emporium. Take him to City Hall, they sort out the issues there.

Interactive Locations:

Epcot Attractions:
Spaceship Earth, Innoventions, Test Track, World Showcase, Future World, Mission:SPACE,
Fountain of Nations, Land Pavilion, Journey into Imagination with Figment, Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Universe of Energy, Mexico Pavilion, Norway Pavilion, Maelstrom, China Pavilion, Germany Pavilion, Italy Pavilion, American Adventure, Japan Pavilion,
Morocco Pavilion, France Pavilion, United Kingdom Pavilion, Canada Pavilion, IllumiNations, Dolphin and Cuttlefish at the Living Seas, World Showcase character greetings, World Showcase entertainment offerings

Disney Hollywood Studio Attractions:
Crossroads, Sunset Boulevard, Animation Studio, Great Movie Ride, Sorcerer's Hat,
The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, Sounds Dangerous, Gertie the Dinosaur, Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular, Star Tours, Muppet Vision 3-D,
Al's Toy Barn, New York Street, Catastrophe Canyon, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure, Playhouse Disney, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, One Man's Dream, Backlot Tour, Beauty and the Beast stage show, Sorcerer's Hat character greetings, Fantasmic!, Mickey Avenue character greetings, Stars and Motor Cars Parade

Animal Kingdom Attractions:
Harambe Village, Pangani Trail, Rafiki's Planet Watch, Kilimanjaro Safaris Expedition, Dinoland U.S.A., Boneyard, DINOSAUR, Primeval Whirl, Dino-rama, Discovery Island, It's Tough to be a Bug!, Tree of Life, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali River Rapids, Flights of Wonder, Island Mercantile character greetings, Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade, Character Landing character greetings

Magic Kingdom Attractions:
Walt Disney World Railroad, Space Mountain, Stitch's Great Escape, Astro Orbiter, Buzz Lightyear, Mad Tea Party, Goofy's Barnstormer, Cinderella Castle, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Snow White's Scary Adventures, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Cinderella's Golden Carousel, Peter Pan's Flight, Haunted Mansion , Diamond Horseshoe, Liberty Square Riverboat, Country Bear Jamboree, Tom Sawyer Island, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise, Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventureland character greetings, Cinderella Castle Stage Show, Dreams Come True Parade, Toontown character greetings

Space Mountain Man
04-05-2008, 07:03 PM
I bought a Pal Mickey for my two DDs back in '03 literally the week they became available (he turns five in about two weeks!). My kids really enjoyed the little guy, and played with him quite a bit in line.

I would love someone to assure us that he can be updated when we return. The cost at that time was $50. Ours has a belt clip, so he's pretty easy to carry around. Sure wouldn't want him around my neck!!:mickey:

KineGirl
04-05-2008, 07:29 PM
I would love someone to assure us that he can be updated when we return. The cost at that time was $50. Ours has a belt clip, so he's pretty easy to carry around. Sure wouldn't want him around my neck!!:mickey:

rest assured.. he should update on his own but if theres problems he can be updated at City Hall :thumbsup:

melissa b
04-06-2008, 02:29 AM
:mickey:we were down at disney back in jan. and we got a my pal mickey. hes cool and he has games and has little jokes. he tells all about all 4 parks and makes the lines go faster. he sings and says which rides to go on. all in all hes really cool and fn to have. hes a little expensive but hes worth it.:mickey:

padisneylover
04-06-2008, 08:19 AM
So if I have one of the orginal ones and I take him he will update for even the rides that are new since I purchased him? I thought they only updated for the orginal programing. In other words he wouldn't ever be able to get the new ride additions since his orginal purchase. I had been thinking of getting a new one just because of this but would prefer to just update my old one if that is true.

poohprincess
04-06-2008, 01:15 PM
I would love to have that info too. I have the original PM also...he always works at the park every year but doesn't have all of the updates. Was going to purchase a new one this yr too but would prefer to keep our lil ole pal!! City Hall or Guest services??? Leaving in 13 days...WOOHOO!!:mickey: Also, my kids are in their teens and still love him...it's great to pull him out each yr and turn him on for our trip..we all get so excited!! We put him in all of our pictures in random places in the backgroung like hidden mickeys...looking at pics after the trip is really fun!!:D:mjump::bar::pooh: