PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Springs

2disneyfans
02-22-2008, 02:28 PM
DH and I are considering staying at CSR. We have stayed at CBR two times in the past and really enjoyed it. We thought we would like to try a new moderate. What are the pros and cons to CSR? Are any rooms better than others?:mickey:

caryrae
02-22-2008, 02:44 PM
Here is a couple threads that may help you, from all the things I have read about this resort it sounds like a great place to stay.
http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=101008&highlight=coronado+springs

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=120708&highlight=coronado+springs

http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=112670&highlight=coronado+springs

Tink2002
02-22-2008, 04:17 PM
We absolutely love CSR, and were going to stay there this summer if it hadn't been booked... (must be a convention happening). We often wonder if we're so nostalgic about it because it's the first place we ever stayed on site at Disney or if it's because of all the great pros:

-pepper market is an AWESOME food court. So much variety, you will not be feasting on chicken strips and burgers for dinner and waffles for breakfast every day if you're the type that likes to take advantage of affordable yet sizeable breakfasts and dinners like we are
-the pool is really great, the pyramid adds a very nice touch and the water slide is a lot of fun for the adults AND kids :mickey:
-The atmosphere is so relaxed and peaceful, especially in the Cabanas section (which was our favorite because it was located close to the main buildings, as well as a bus stop) with the hammocks on the little beaches and the lake in the middle
-the bus system is not shared with any other resorts and I've heard that the stops are much closer together and take a lot less time to circulate through than at CBR

cons:
-the ranchos section is pretty far to walk to the food court and pool, etc. from, but this is where we were the first stay and we still lived through it just fine!

and that's all I've got for cons.... I can't say enough good things about CSR, it's the best moderate, IMHO.

#1donaldfan
02-22-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm not going to bash CS too much....my sister stayed there a couple of years ago and didn't care too much for it....she said it was too big, everything was too spread out. We met her one night for dinner there and we didn't care for the meal at all. It is a very nice resort, very appealing to the eye, but with what she told me about the place and our one meal there, we'll never plan on a stay there.....:confused:

CaptSmee
02-22-2008, 08:40 PM
We stayed there twice in the past year and love it there! The resort is wonderfully themed, the bus transportation is excellent, and it has restaurants that are a step up from the other moderate resorts. We got luck and scored excellent rooms both times being within close proximity to the lobby & main bus station.

Funforall
02-22-2008, 09:14 PM
We enjoyed our stay there. The atmosphere is awesome, not just the buildings but the grounds as well. The rooms are much like the other resorts. The walk from the far side is far but certainly reasonable.

buzz2001
02-23-2008, 08:18 AM
I just returned from another great stayed at CSR! The grounds are lovely, the pool is fantastic, it offers terrific transportation and the food options are awesome.

ilovemyjj31
02-25-2008, 02:57 AM
me and hubby stayed at CSR a few eeks ago..my thought was it was too big!!! The pepper market had some darn good breakfast!!! BUt, the walking everywhere..my gosh we was starvin by the time we walked to the food court!! LoL!!
BUt, the pool was nice, the hot tub was really nice!! The arcade was just some game machines, not like at All star sports where ya get tickets!
But, the view was beautiful..can't complain bout a lakeview!! But. i just didint like the spread out thing going on!!
We ate breakfast at the maya grill, the food wasnt all that great..the pepper market food was soo much better, and cheaper!! Its liek the same food kinda, ya just get real plates and forks, instead of paper and plastic. THe breakfast buffet was cereals, rice crispy treats, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, grits, bisqits and gravy, bacon, sausage, eggs, potatoes, ect..but i liked the pepper market ..so much better!!!

WriteDisney
02-25-2008, 02:56 PM
I stayed there last february (see signature) and absolutely loved it! IMO it's not too big at all. If walking is a concern, just request casistas or cabana and you'll be fine.

Pro: Pool is wonderful and the theming is festive,
hot tub (spa as they call it) is the biggest in all
moderates (or is it all the resorts.. not sure!),
three sections are wonderfully themed (i stayed in casistas and loved the location),
bus stops in each of the three sections,
lovely little fountains throughout the resort,
walking around the lake at night was fantastic,
Yes it is big, but their is a quiet pool in each section and also buses so it was never a problem for us,
store is very nice.. has great merch (alot of which I purchased),
staff was fantastic and helpful,
mousekeeping was always very well done (no towel animals sadly.. but no worries!)
buses were fast and convenient (minus a few crowded times)

Cons: I'm actually not found of spicy food, so I didn't have a chance to try the full service restaurant, but it did look nice inside..

It's fantastic! You'll love it!

c&d
02-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Are any rooms better than others?:mickey:

We were in Casitas section building 3 and it was great. Close to the main building and not that far of a walk to the main pool site. We could also walk to the main building and further on to the bus stop under a covered archway or awning all the way. This was really nice when those afternoon showers popped up.