PDA

View Full Version : View from balconies at OKW?

applecore72
02-22-2008, 12:20 PM
We have finally decided on staying in a 1BR villa at OKW. When reading another post I saw that you may get villas in buildings close to highways. We would not like that!

So my questions are; which buildings in the newer section has nice views of golf course, woods, water etc? Is it even possible to request a villa facing Sassagoula River (Are there such buildings? I can't really tell when looking at the map). We don't really care about walking distance to the Hospitality house - we just want peace and quiet.

Thanks! :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
I've been at OKW many times, and I don't think there are any buildings near a highway. All rooms have a balcony with either a golf course, forest, or perhaps a quiet pool view. You absolutely will find peace and quiet in just about any location at OKW - that's part of the charm there. Have a great time.

Maleficent's Dad
02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
The vast majority of rooms at OKW have terrific views. Some of the buildings along Peninsular face the river - but the river is across the street and you'd have to go out your door to see the water. Buildings 45 & 46 have balconies on the river - nice view, but not overly convenient location.

I've been at OKW many times, and I don't think there are any buildings near a highway. All rooms have a balcony with either a golf course, forest, or perhaps a quiet pool view.
I believe OP was referring to a recent post of mine. If you get buildings #38 or 39, there is a very good chance that you will merely have some trees between your room and the highway. Happened to us in December (we had a family reunion with several rooms in those buildings) - worst rooms we ever had at OKW.

applecore72
02-23-2008, 07:32 AM
Thank you so much! We will definately try to ask fo a villa with a water or golf course view and preferably buildings 45 or 46 (as we don't mind walking at all).

disneylovinmom
02-23-2008, 01:57 PM
We stayed in building 11 and did not have a good view at all. It was all of dead looking trees. Probably all of the buidings around 11 have bad views. I'd stay away from those if a good view is important to you. I could care less what view I get. We aren't there very much anyway.

gatorfan
02-23-2008, 05:38 PM
Our family loves old key west as a change up. It's nice to come back to a quiet place to rest.

Saying that there are a few places to avoid.

Buildings 42,49 & 50 are placed along a pretty busy road. In fact you can hear the traffic inside during the winter time.

Also buildings 19-22, 38, 39 & 41 are placed along a much quieter road. I have never heard the traffic there, but your view is of the woods.

We love buildings 47 & 48, they look on on the golf course, and they have a lot of parking out front, they are also a short walk to the bus stop.

enjoy your vacation