PDA

View Full Version : Best time to go? Late April-Mid May

poeticeclipse
02-22-2008, 12:15 PM
DH and I are planning our 1st anniversary trip!! Our actual anniversary is the 25th of May but we know that it will be much more crowded around then so we're gonna try and go a little bit eariler.

My question is, in terms of cost and crowds (the two c's) what time if best for a 6/7 day trip. Late April through Mid May???? Which week would be best in that time frame??

pogo
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Stacey.... cost wise I think it's about the same, but you are about to get some advice from somebody that loves the end of April.

The weather has always been perfect :cloud9: every time we've been there. No rain, ever !

Our anniversary is April 20th and we try to be there a couple days before that. :thumbsup:

Good luck and happy planning ! :D

Tygger7
02-22-2008, 12:25 PM
You really can't go wrong any time in May...we're going May 11-21, but I think crowds will be fine from April 28th through May 23rd. Star Wars Weekends would drive up the crowds when it was in May, but it's in June this year, so I'm anticipating that crowds will be even better.

Let me know when you're going...we're going to try & have a mini-Intercot-meet! :thumbsup:

sillyolbear
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
We've been the past two years the end of April and have found crowds to be very manageable. I agree with the previous poster who said from the 28th of April through mid-May should be good in terms of crowds and weather.

milhouse
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
We had a beautiful week in WDW last May, 2nd week. Crowds are moderate. Temps are warm but not too warm. We had one brief rainstorm the whole week. You do have the love bugs in May which were a nuisance but not horrible.

MauiMouse
02-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I'm going the 3rd week of April for the first time. I'm looking forward to seeing the Flower & Garden Festival and going to my first Pirate & Princess Party. I hope like pogo says, no rain. :thumbsup:

poeticeclipse
02-22-2008, 02:25 PM
I'll take the rain over the bugs.

I've been to WDW in mid May and late May/early June before. The time I went in mid May I never noticed the love bugs and last year which was late May/early June they were all over. I would rather have buckets of rain than those stupid bugs. haha.

I just was curious what late April was like in comparison to early and mid May. :)

MissT
02-22-2008, 02:34 PM
We prefer the 1st week of May. Our anniversary is 4/30 but the last week of April is our kids school vacation week. We've found it to be quite busy that week & see a bit of a slow down the 1st week of May. Last week of April, MK also does grad nights the last 2 weekends so park hours are shortened. Weather however, is absolutely perfect for whenever you end up going in that time frame. Have a great trip.

MoFrazier05
02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
DH and I are planning our 1st anniversary trip!! Our actual anniversary is the 25th of May but we know that it will be much more crowded around then so we're gonna try and go a little bit eariler.

My question is, in terms of cost and crowds (the two c's) what time if best for a 6/7 day trip. Late April through Mid May???? Which week would be best in that time frame??

ALL of April and early May is a GREAT time to visit! We've visited for the past 2 years for Mother's Day week. It's not crowed or hot-just right! Now WDW is offering it's annual free ticket upgrade special so it would be great to take advantage of ALL the great activities that WDW offers!

Special Spring Package with FREE Ticket Upgrades
You can now purchase a Magic Your Way vacation package and receive FREE ticket upgrades! This offer is valid for stays 3/30/08-5/21/08.

Buy a package that includes hotel room and Base Tickets, and Disney will add the Park Hopper and Water Park Fun and More options at no additional cost. There are no additional discounts associated with this package offer. If you choose to add the Dining Plan, you will pay regular price for it.

Have FUN!!!:mickey: