PDA

View Full Version : Whose waitlist hasn't come through?

Aurora
02-22-2008, 10:51 AM
Just wondering if you've ever waitlisted on a resort and haven't had it come through -- and if so, what time of year was it?

We're waitlisted for BWV and BCV the first week of June but we don't have our hopes up (just in case it doesn't happen), but we'll be perfectly happy to stay at SSR in case it doesn't come through.

lockedoutlogic
02-22-2008, 11:53 AM
Same scenario for the end of march/early april...

will let you know how it turns out...as the thrity day window is fast on

My mother inlaw has gotten the waitlist everytime she has been on it for 10 years...often within 2 or 3 weeks of checkin date

I have been on it and gotten it twice now in 18 months of membership...

It's fairly reliable...but as membership numbers rise...the effectiveness of the waitlist should fall.

Pollack
02-22-2008, 12:14 PM
Since I've been a member I have been waitlisted for each of my vacations. I have gotten what I wanted each and everytime :mickey:!!!!! Good Luck!!

Maleficent's Dad
02-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Man oh man, do I feel like the unlucky one reading these posts!

Prior to 2005, the waitlist for us was a sure thing - seemed to always work!
Nowadays, it's more like a 50/50 deal...

We waitlisted last year for BCV in August to no avail.

We waitlisted last year for BWV in November to no avail.

Those are the two most recent. Usually we have to waitlist if we don't book far enough in advance, so it's our own fault. We have had waitlist come through a few times; usually about a month or two out.

mousehappy
02-22-2008, 02:21 PM
i have benn on a wait list for wilderness lodge for a month and i did not get it.We leave next thursday for SSR.ugh i wanted it so bad too. oh well i will have fun anyway.

DisneyGiant
02-23-2008, 07:58 PM
Since I've been a member I have been waitlisted for each of my vacations. I have gotten what I wanted each and everytime :mickey:!!!!! Good Luck!!

Me too - so far! Knocking on wood now for the future.......

:bang: <- me knocking on wood - only not with my head. ;)

rsumrall
02-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm currently waitlisted for the Animal Kingdom Villas Concierge level room 1st week in June. We're booked for a Savannah view now, which will be just fine. I'd really like, for once to get the concierge experience though. Hopefully it will come through.

dlpmikki
02-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I didn't get waitlist a few years ago when trying for Boardwalk. Had a nightmare last year when the waitlist cancelled the wrong trip but thankfull ok in the end. I do think it will only get harder as more members join.

ElenitaB
02-25-2008, 07:55 PM
We didn't get our waitlist request for BWV in November 2006. Not too much of a problem though as I often have a hard time deciding between OKW and BWV... this time the decision was made for me. ;)

pox24
02-27-2008, 08:00 AM
Have only had to wait list twice and never had a problem.

Simba's Mom
03-02-2008, 09:39 PM
The only resort at which the waitlist hasn't come thru was at BCV. I had to waitlist for the last two nights there, and I stayed on the waitlist right up until the time I moved-the CM called my room the night beforehand to tell me that unfortunately, the waitlist never came thru so I'd have to move. This was for September and I had only booked about 3 months ahead of time (maybe more time would have meant the waitlist would have come thru). Oh-and one Thanksgiving at HHI, the waitlist didn't come thru, but a few weeks beforehand, I was able to get cash, which is very reasonable at that time of year.

KevGuy
03-04-2008, 11:33 AM
I am currently waitlisted for BCV 3rd week of April since the start of the 7 month window and nothing yet. I am not expecting it will come through.:ack:

Maleficent's Dad
03-04-2008, 01:33 PM
Okay, I can add some good news to this thread!

Yesterday we got confirmation that our waitlist for the BWV (studio, standard view) came through for August.

We had booked a studio for four nights (OKW) and 1BR for 6 nights (BWV). We still are moving from one to the other (to extend our points!), but we are now at the BW the entire time!

So it gives me renewed hope that the waitlist does work. (At least sometimes! ;))

Oh, and if I had just booked at the 11 month window, none of this would have happened in the first place!!! But we rarely book that far in advance any longer! :blush:

mouse-logic
03-04-2008, 05:33 PM
We had a bizarre waitlist experience in Feb.

We were only going for three nights. First two nights we got our choice--studio at BWV. but the last night there were no studios available....anywhere!...

So beleive it or not, my DW and I just booked a 2bdrm at SSR....I know, what a waste of points for two people for one night....anyway I had the points so what the heck.

Anyway, I got on the waitlist for a studio, and low and behold, it came through...the only problem was that it came through 15 days before our departure, so they would have thrown the excess points into the infamous "holding".....

I said sorry no can do. we kept the 2 bdrm. silly I know.

MsMin
03-05-2008, 10:00 AM
We had a bizarre waitlist experience in Feb.

We were only going for three nights. First two nights we got our choice--studio at BWV. but the last night there were no studios available....anywhere!...

So beleive it or not, my DW and I just booked a 2bdrm at SSR....I know, what a waste of points for two people for one night....anyway I had the points so what the heck.
Anyway, I got on the waitlist for a studio, and low and behold, it came through...the only problem was that it came through 15 days before our departure, so they would have thrown the excess points into the infamous "holding".....
I said sorry no can do. we kept the 2 bdrm. silly I know.
I thought you had to take the waitlist if it came through??? That's what they told me but maybe it was because we added a day. Last Oct. (our first DVC trip) we added two days about 60 days out and they only had one of them but it did come through right at the 30 day mark. But they said that if you wait list it you use the points whether you use it or not. Not a problem since we were not flying.
Good luck to all on the list

mouse-logic
03-05-2008, 11:17 AM
[QUOTE=MsMin;1566424]I thought you had to take the waitlist if it came through??? That's what they told me but maybe it was because we added a day.[QUOTE]

Normally, the waitlist is automatic. But because they were going to put our points in holding, and thereby place them at risk of fortfieture at the end of the year, they were obligated to call us first. That's when we declined.

Aurora
03-05-2008, 02:03 PM
We're in!! A 1-bedroom at BWV!! Wooohooo!

gcbdad
03-05-2008, 02:23 PM
We're in!! A 1-bedroom at BWV!! Wooohooo!

Good for you Aurora. :party::party:

We will be at WDW on 5/24 thru 5/30.

I originally made a reservation for a 2 bedroom villa on 5/26 thru 5/30 at SSR with a waitlist for BWV. Then we decided to add 5/25 at SSR with the same waitlist. We are going to stay offsite on 5/24 due to the points cost for a Saturday.
Our first waitlist came thru but not the second one.
So as of now we are at SSR for 5/25 then move to BWV from 5/26 - 5/30.

pluto 77
03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Are you more likely to get into one of your waitlisted resorts on a shorter trip, or is there no difference depending on the lenght. We are going for 10 nights in a studio at SSR at the beginning of May, which we just booked, but i was hoping to switch to BWV. :confused:

lockedoutlogic
03-06-2008, 09:57 PM
Guess the waitlist isn't coming through for us.....sadly

I hate Saratoga:mad:

Sharon1026
03-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Okay, I can add some good news to this thread!

Yesterday we got confirmation that our waitlist for the BWV (studio, standard view) came through for August.

We had booked a studio for four nights (OKW) and 1BR for 6 nights (BWV). We still are moving from one to the other (to extend our points!), but we are now at the BW the entire time!

So it gives me renewed hope that the waitlist does work. (At least sometimes! ;))

Oh, and if I had just booked at the 11 month window, none of this would have happened in the first place!!! But we rarely book that far in advance any longer! :blush:
Frank - the good news is that ALL of the resorts are nice, so there is no "bad" place to end up??
What do you do for a livinge where you are either in NY or Malibu?? Just curious.

Aurora
03-09-2008, 08:45 PM
Guess the waitlist isn't coming through for us.....sadly

I hate Saratoga:mad:

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. You did say your MIL has had her waitlist come through sometimes within 2 or 3 weeks of check-in, so you still have a chance!

But if not, the nice thing about Saratoga is that opportunity to go souvenir shopping every night at Downtown Disney!

Maleficent's Dad
03-09-2008, 10:30 PM
Frank - the good news is that ALL of the resorts are nice, so there is no "bad" place to end up??
What do you do for a livinge where you are either in NY or Malibu?? Just curious.
Sharon,
Yes, I agree, all the resorts ARE nice, and there is no "bad" place to end up. However, my family, like many others, has their preference for resorts. If it was up to my wife, we'd always try for the BCV. DS wants BWV. DD and I just want WDW! ;)

Since we are an EPCOT family, we really try for EPCOT resorts. BWV are our home resort - with some home points at SSR as well. Since DVC has exploded in numbers (in terms of membership), you really have to be on the ball and reserve your vacation prior to the 7 month window. Since this isn't always possible for us to do, the waitlist has become less and less reliable.

lockedoutlogic
03-09-2008, 10:49 PM
I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. You did say your MIL has had her waitlist come through sometimes within 2 or 3 weeks of check-in, so you still have a chance!

But if not, the nice thing about Saratoga is that opportunity to go souvenir shopping every night at Downtown Disney!

thanks for the thoughts.....

Saratoga is fine....but i wouldn't take it for one second over beach, boardwalk, wilderness, or animal kingdom....

one of the problems with being an ex employee.....especially one that worked in resorts and handled alot of operational issues....is that you get to know pretty much all there is to know about all the little ins and outs.....

saratoga isn't a bad location....but they made way too many units to sell volume and the result is the feel of a moderate or a value....not really a deluxe

and....living in the overcrowded northeast but not being originally from here....i want to get away from the people i live around....frankly....

the crowds and the volume sometime make me feel like i'm at the office....and the last time we were there i had to wrap a towel around my ears to drown out the new york/new jersey accents at the pool....:ack:

i'm sure it will be fine....whatever happens

WDWFan2005
03-10-2008, 04:56 PM
Our waitlists have always come through since we've been DVC members in the early 1990s.... until now :confused: ???

Help, we're going next week and we're booked for SSR on the waitlist for BWV. I loooove the Boardwalk. Never stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort though. What are the chances we'll get through to BWV???

WDWFan2005

KevGuy
03-10-2008, 04:59 PM
thanks for the thoughts.....

Saratoga is fine....but i wouldn't take it for one second over beach, boardwalk, wilderness, or animal kingdom....

one of the problems with being an ex employee.....especially one that worked in resorts and handled alot of operational issues....is that you get to know pretty much all there is to know about all the little ins and outs.....

saratoga isn't a bad location....but they made way too many units to sell volume and the result is the feel of a moderate or a value....not really a deluxe

and....living in the overcrowded northeast but not being originally from here....i want to get away from the people i live around....frankly....

the crowds and the volume sometime make me feel like i'm at the office....and the last time we were there i had to wrap a towel around my ears to drown out the new york/new jersey accents at the pool....:ack:

i'm sure it will be fine....whatever happens

I really don't think so, in fact because of it's size but being spread out it feels rather remote, calm, and quiet, definately a deluxe feel. I have been to value no way at all to compare it to that imo.:confused:

lockedoutlogic
03-10-2008, 10:39 PM
I really don't think so, in fact because of it's size but being spread out it feels rather remote, calm, and quiet, definately a deluxe feel. I have been to value no way at all to compare it to that imo.:confused:

the large layout....comparative lack of food options....and large crowds at the pool and mealtimes....

IS the feel of a value and a moderate.....at least in my opinion

that is not an insult.....i love things about all the disney resorts and have stayed in them all (with 2 deluxe exceptions) with satisfaction several times...so it's not a slight....

but there is a feel that comes with less people....and the deluxes hold far less....even the larger ones....such as the yacht/beach complex...just simply have less beds...and less crowds

I believe Saratoga has something like 900 or so units...that's just too many at one location...in my opinion....

and for the record....saratoga is my "home"...though it would not have been had they bothered to state that AKV was going to be for sale a mere 3 months later....

lockedoutlogic
03-15-2008, 04:35 PM
Just an update...my wife and Mother in law called this morning...at the seven month window...to try to set up a family trip in October

Surprise, surprise....only old key west and saratoga were available in the categories we wanted.....

so we waitlisted again for all the others...calling at 9:05 on the day that the seventh month window opened up....

an alarming trend....and one that is likely to get worse as they sell non-florida DVCs.......

i can see my self selling at saratoga and a going resale or not at all if i can never get into anything but the "fallback" locations.

lockedoutlogic
03-19-2008, 09:43 PM
No Saratoga!!!

Ok...a little dramatic...but we did get switched over to AKV only 12 days out for 3/31/08.....a nice surprise on a gloomy, nasty day in NJ....

Maleficent's Dad
03-19-2008, 10:04 PM
No Saratoga!!!

Ok...a little dramatic...but we did get switched over to AKV only 12 days out for 3/31/08.....a nice surprise on a gloomy, nasty day in NJ....
Congrats! :thumbsup:

Nice to see that even these days, with DVC bursting at the seams, the waitlist is still working! ;)

Aurora
03-20-2008, 09:21 AM
:party: :clappy: :joy:

I had a feeling something would come through for you! Congrats!

fanofdisney
03-30-2008, 02:08 PM
We now have a reservation at SSR in a 2 bedroom but at the 7 month window (April 1) I am going to try for AKV, BWV or BCV. I know we will be waitlisted but I am wondering if when giving your preferences do they try and give you your first choice or which ever of the 3 become available? We are traveling 10/25-11/1 which as you know is during the F&W Festival. Does this mean it will be difficult to get BWV or BCV? I can't imagine having to wait until 2 weeks before hand to find out where we are staying, the wait will be agonizing! We are really hoping to get AKV this trip:fingers: