PDA

View Full Version : Airplane questions

aurora, ariel, and bell
02-21-2008, 05:40 PM
I have a delima regarding airlines. my son went last year with southwest and it was a direct flight from Buffalo. But he had to take his own bags from the hotel to the airport.

We went with another airline..can't remember which one but it had a stop over. but ME took our bags both ways.
k
This september we will be travelling with myself, dh, dsil, dd and their 3 girls ages 2,3,and 4.

are we better not to have to worry about the bags since we still have to worry about strollers, and carryon, but we would have to change planes or should we get the direct flight and worry about our own luggage on the way home?

do you know of any airline that is direct flight and does ME both ways?

vamaggie
02-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Don't know for sure who flies direct from Buffalo to MCO but if I had a choice of either 1) changing planes with 3 little kids and 2) direct but having to get my own luggage w 3 little kids I would take the direct flight any time.

ME has nothing to do with luggage back to the airports at the end of your trip. This is the resort check in service that is run by the TSA. If you fly on the participating airlines you can check you luggage at the resort to your home airport. While this is nice, the idea of changing planes with 3 little ones, strollers etc is much worse IMHO.

Take the direct flight!

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 07:30 PM
It's really not that bad to take your own luggage to the airport. The bus driver will load it for you at the resort, unload it for you at the airport, and there are dozens of skycaps waiting who will take it to the airline check-in desk. If one or two adults can handle the little ones, the rest can check the luggage and get the boarding passes (if you don't have them yet). I'd much rather go through this minor hassle than have to change planes.

Donald
02-21-2008, 08:24 PM
I know Airtran participates with ME. Just check to see if they have a direct flight.

When all is said and done, I would prefer to take a direct flight with or without kids!

Good luck with your searches!

faline
02-22-2008, 08:23 AM
I always prefer direct flights.

teambricker04
02-23-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree... a non stop is the way to go. Bringing the bags to the airport is a lot easier than having to switch airplanes. If you can't find anyone who goes direct and does ME both ways, I would pick the direct flight.

Beast_fanatic
02-23-2008, 09:47 PM
Once you get your bags to the Magical Express bus, the bus driver will load them onto the bus for you, and then when you arrive at the airport, you should hopefully be able to find a porter that can help you get your bags to baggage check in. I'd go for the non-stop flight.