PDA

View Full Version : ddp suggestions-please :)

nicjohn3
02-21-2008, 03:24 PM
Hello--I am trying to figure out the best places to reserve for trip in Mar. I know I am late making the reservations--Do you think that these are worth the money to spend to include the ddp in my pkg? I have had trouble because some are sold out.

Here is what I have planned Planet Hollywood, Crystal Palace, Biergarten, Concourse Steak House, Hollywood & Vine, Tony's Town. Do you think we can get our moneys worth from these?

Do you think I should try calling back everyday to see if there had been any cancellations for Chef Mickeys, 1900 Fare or Tuskerhaus (?)? If so, any suggestions on when is the best time?

Thanks for all your help.

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 03:37 PM
First, welcome to Intercot!!!

Looking at your list, I think it's about a break even for adding DDP to your ressie. Personally, I would not. Paying out of pocket will allow you to be flexible and not stress out about getting into your preferred restaurants, or maxing out the DDP value.

Still make the ADR's for what you want, but going OOP would be my suggestion at this point in time.

Jared
02-21-2008, 03:43 PM
I agree with Steve, though I am definitely biased against Disney Dining Plan. Looking at your list, and considering your trip is just weeks away, it would probably be smarter to forgo the plan and pay for food separately. That way, you won't have to stress about securing reservations at your desired table service restaurants and stressing to use your credits.

nicjohn3
02-21-2008, 03:53 PM
Thanks--I have made the reservations already. The ones that I named are the ones that I do have for sure.

wendy*darling
02-21-2008, 05:23 PM
I am generally "pro" DDP, but in your case I would suggest paying OOP this time around.
You have a good number of fixed price meals in your ADR list- and those are always the ones we suggest paying cash for.

Save the DDP for a time when you can plan ahead and add some of the upper tier restaurants.

As far as getting into the others- I would continue to call - even up until the day you wanted to eat there. There are often last minute cancellations- and you may be able to pick up one of those.

Have fun!

jpH/keD
02-21-2008, 05:30 PM
When my best friend went she had made so many ressies she couldn't remember which ones she wanted to keep and cancel. She went to the concierge at her hotel and they were very helpful for her. When you get there you could try that if you cannot get something you want on the phone, maybe they can be helpful again! Good luck! :thumbsup:

NJ Camper
02-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I agree we usally don't et the ddp because we eat brekfast at our camper then we only snack for lunchthen eat a bigger dinner so most times we would just use the dinner meal when i checked reciepts from a trip we did year before it would cost more for plan then we spend out of pocket so its not worth it for us

luvdiznee
02-21-2008, 06:42 PM
IMO, Concourse Steakhouse and Crystal Palace are very good choices. And even though its been a few years for us at H&V we enjoyed that as well, too. PH you certainly can get a good meal. We prefer to go early. And can't hurt to call the other places back. Enjoy. :mickey: