PDA

View Full Version : Using the laundry area at a different resort than you are staying at???

ldc12377
02-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Just a quick question. We are staying at Poly if we go on our trip in June. We have the kids scheduled for a pirate cruise at CBR toward the end of the trip. Usually by then we have a load of clothes that needs to be done to get us through the rest of the trip and the drive home. Could we bring our tote with us and do the laundry at CBR while we are waiting on the kids to do their pirate adventure or will we have to go to CBR to drop off the kids then back to Poly and then back to CBR to get the kids?

Quasimodo
02-21-2008, 03:41 PM
I don't see why you couldn't do this. The washers and dryers are laundromat style machines that require money to be used. So its not like you aren't paying for the usage. Plus you are staying in a Disney hotel. I don't think anyone will care.

crazeedizneefinatic
02-21-2008, 04:10 PM
I don't know if this is true for every resort but we stayed at CBR and the laundry room near us you had to swipe your room key to open the door to get in??

kathiep
02-21-2008, 05:06 PM
I had to do the same thing when I stayed at CBR 2 years ago. But last year at CSR, I didn't.

Maybe this changed or it was just CSR that wasn't locked.

NJ Camper
02-21-2008, 05:24 PM
why are you thinking of one at a diferent resort is it because there isn't one at your resort ???? I would think it would be a pain to move your clothes between resorts just to do laundry

vamaggie
02-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Send hubby to take the kids and drop them off. Throw the laundry in and relax at the Poly. Either DH can return and relax with you or do his own thing, get the kids and return to clean clothes and a relaxed wife. Everyone wins!

GrumpyFan
02-21-2008, 06:41 PM
Best I remember, the laundry room at Pop had a swipe too. The real question would be whether or not it was actually checking to see if you were an occupant of that hotel. It's worth a try. If nothing else, you could always bum your way in with another guest, or go to the front desk and ask them if they could let you in.

GrumpyFan
02-21-2008, 06:45 PM
why are you thinking of one at a diferent resort is it because there isn't one at your resort ???? I would think it would be a pain to move your clothes between resorts just to do laundry

Umm, I don't mean to sound rude, but did you read the first post???? It was explained quite well there I thought.

#1donaldfan
02-21-2008, 06:57 PM
Like the earlier ones have said.....you have to use your room card /swipe thingy to gain access to the machines.....

ldc12377
02-21-2008, 09:42 PM

I just thought it would be a lot easier to bring our small load with us and do while we are waiting for the kids. Their pirate adventure will take over 2 hours so we figured it would be a good time.

Send hubby to take the kids and drop them off. Throw the laundry in and relax at the Poly. Either DH can return and relax with you or do his own thing, get the kids and return to clean clothes and a relaxed wife. Everyone wins!

That might work if hubby was going but he won't be with us this time. It will be me and my mom and my three kids. The two oldest are the only kids who will be able to go on the cruise because the little one is too young. If we can't do the laundry at the other resort then we will just have to drive back to our resort and then drive back to CBR in time to get the other two. That will be a hassle with the little one.

BronxTigger
02-21-2008, 10:18 PM
That might work if hubby was going but he won't be with us this time. It will be me and my mom and my three kids. The two oldest are the only kids who will be able to go on the cruise because the little one is too young. If we can't do the laundry at the other resort then we will just have to drive back to our resort and then drive back to CBR in time to get the other two. That will be a hassle with the little one.

Oh, you have a car! That makes things easier.

Could your mom take the 2 for the pirate adventure and you stay with the laundry and little one? Or your mom stay with the little one and start the laundry while you drop the 2 off and then go back to the Poly until it's time to pick them up?

ldc12377
02-22-2008, 08:39 AM
Oh, you have a car! That makes things easier.

Could your mom take the 2 for the pirate adventure and you stay with the laundry and little one? Or your mom stay with the little one and start the laundry while you drop the 2 off and then go back to the Poly until it's time to pick them up?

We may have to end up doing that if the doing laundry thing at CBR doesn't work out. The two older ones really want mommy AND memaw to see them go off on their cruise. They want to wave to us from the boat "like they do in the movies" (quote for my DD7 and don't ask me what movie she saw that in but she thinks it will be neat see us stand on the beach while she and her brother ride off in the boat. Kids really do come up with the craziest stuff!!!)

MNNHFLTX
02-22-2008, 10:13 AM
I understand your thought process and I doubt that there's a hotel policy would keep you from doing this. If it were me, though, my one hesitation would be that I might be keeping a CBR resort guest from being able to do their laundry if I was there doing mine. But maybe the machines are not that busy anyway, so it would not be a factor. :mickey:

DisneyMomx7
02-22-2008, 11:00 AM
Have you thought about switching the kids to the pirate cruise at the GF? That way you can take the boat or monorail back to the Poly, do the laundry and then come back to the GF to pick the kids up.

Disney Doll
02-22-2008, 01:31 PM
The one and only time I did laundry at Disney was at ASMovies and that was a few years ago. At that time there was no key swipe. If there is now that might be an inconvenience, but I would think any CM or mousekeeper would be happy to let you in. I don't think you'd be breaking any rules. You are staying at a Disney resort and you have to pay to use the machines anyway. I don't think the laundry rooms are that busy during the day so I doubt you'd be preventing a CBR guest from getting their laundry done.

jillluvsdisney
02-22-2008, 06:49 PM
I was going to play Devil's Advocate here. Thank you, Beth, for bringing up my point.

Let's say I am staying at CBR. I like to do laundry during the trip so I don't bring a suitcase full of dirty clothes home. I bring my stuff to the laundry room and all the washers are being used. I feel really frustrated by this.

I would be very irritated if I found out the reason the facilities were full was because a guest not even staying at the resort was using them.

They are laundry facilties at your home resort. Use them there.

ldc12377
02-22-2008, 07:15 PM
I was going to play Devil's Advocate here. Thank you, Beth, for bringing up my point.

Let's say I am staying at CBR. I like to do laundry during the trip so I don't bring a suitcase full of dirty clothes home. I bring my stuff to the laundry room and all the washers are being used. I feel really frustrated by this.

I would be very irritated if I found out the reason the facilities were full was because a guest not even staying at the resort was using them.

They are laundry facilties at your home resort. Use them there.

Let me start by saying that I did not intend to frustrate anyone with my inquiry and I hope this responds doesn't sound rude.

First of all, the cruise is from 9:30 - 11:00. Most people are in the parks that that time, especially in June because they are trying to enjoy the parks before the heat drives everyone back to their resorts for pool time.

Second of all, If the laundry area is busy, I'm the kind of person who would just go on back to my resort before using the last of the machines. That is something that we had already planned on checking before we even brought the clothes to the laundry area. Maybe some people wouldn't care to check but I'm not one of those people.

Third, which goes along with the second point, If no one is using the laundry area and the resort will allow me to use it, why shouldn't I use it if it makes my trip a little more magical and doesn't cause problems for anyone else? How would you even know if I wasn't a CBR guest?

Please understand that I too have been frustated at times by things like no machines being available at the laundry area and I by no means want to cause problems for others. I would just hope that people would understand how difficult it can be to get things done with three little kids and grandma in tow.

sainter
02-23-2008, 02:33 AM
I have never had trouble getting a machine during the day -- only at night. Also, I only had to use the card swipe after a certain time at night at POR. The doors to the laundry facilities were open during the day.

jszczur5
02-24-2008, 12:32 AM
Umm, I don't mean to sound rude, but did you read the first post???? It was explained quite well there I thought.

Too funny.

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-24-2008, 11:05 AM
:DJust throw your old clothes away and buy new ones.Thats the easiest way:D

ldc12377
02-24-2008, 12:09 PM

:rotfl::party2::funny: Now that is my way of doing laundry!!!:funny::party2::rotfl:
I LOVE the way you think!!!!

MNNHFLTX
02-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Lori, your response did not sound rude at all; in fact, you brought up several good points. And I can relate to the juggling act you are trying to maintain while on your vacation. :mickey:

I hope my post did not come across as being censoring, as I have never heard of any "official" rule prohibiting guests from one resort from doing laundry at another. My thought more the result of not wanting to inconvenience anyone at that resort, and it sounds as though you think the same way (by not wanting to use the last of the machines). If the machines are not busy, I don't see the harm in using them.

adoptionislove
02-25-2008, 08:43 PM

Awesome idea!!!!

Isin't that why God made Wal-Mart?!! LOL

mook3y
02-26-2008, 10:51 PM

I will second this vote.

When my son did the pirate cruise at yacht club this year, my wife took DD to bibidi and I thuroughly enjoyed wandering around the grounds and shops at the resorts there.