PDA

View Full Version : First Timer

sheltie
02-21-2008, 03:02 PM
I will be going down to wdw on june 6th. this is my 15th time but i am taking a friend and she has never been to wdw. which park should i take her to first. my guess would be magic kingdom. any thoughts of the other parks instead:D

Quasimodo
02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
Depends on your friends age. EPCOT might be more interesting for a young adult. But I think MK has a more magical feel to it than any of the other parks.

disneymom15
02-21-2008, 03:33 PM
I agree, for a first timer I would also take them to MK.

laward32
02-21-2008, 03:41 PM
Definately MK!!! It's where the magic started. I think for a first timer it would be the best to get them right in the middle of the Disney magic!!!:mickey:

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 03:45 PM
Definitely MK.

June 6th is a Friday which are worse at Epcot. MK is open to 11pm and Epcot just to 7pm and it's an Extra Magic Hours night at MK if you are staying on site.

I got this from Intercot's "info central" on park hours, when to visit and EMH schedules. :thumbsup:

Have a great trip!!!

Von-Drake
02-21-2008, 03:48 PM
IN 2006 my wife and I talked 6 members (first timers) of her side of the family into going with us for a weekend (2days in the park) trip. The first day we did AK and Disney Studios, they did not seem to enjoy it too much. The second day was MK and they loved every single second (except for when out monorail got stuck between Contemporary and MK... my Father in Law :scared: hates :scared: [I mean hates]:ack: heights). I would definitely go with the Magic Kingdom.

conwayjohn71
02-21-2008, 03:54 PM
Magic Kingdom

but.....................

take the ferry across the lake, I think that is the best way to see MK

MOJoe
02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
This seems like an easy question, but.....

Since this is your friends first visit, all WDW will be new and exciting. So do you jump right in and go to MK? You wouldn't have to. It actually might be better to save the best for last.... or maybe 3rd. I would at least give thought to this plan.
Day 1 Studios
Day 2 Epcot
Day 3 Magic Kingdom
Day 4 Animal Kingdom

I know i am in the minority on this one, but unless your friend is holding her breath until she sees Cindy's Castle, you may want to try this tour.

EJS-Houston
02-21-2008, 05:42 PM
I will be going down to wdw on june 6th. this is my 15th time but i am taking a friend and she has never been to wdw. which park should i take her to first. my guess would be magic kingdom. any thoughts of the other parks instead:D

I always like to start with the Magic Kingdom on the first day...partly for nostalgia's sake, and partly because the attractions in the other parks far outstrip even my favorite attractions in the Magic Kingdom in terms of technological advances, atmospheric detail, in pretty much every way. I don't want the Magic Kingdom's attractions to suffer by comparison so I go there first.

sheltie
02-22-2008, 01:58 PM
thanks everyone for your relpy. yes we will be staying at fort wilderness. we are flying in from PA. we should be at wdw between 12noon and 12:30 i hope. our flight lands at 11am.:cool: