PDA

View Full Version : things i can plan to do on our honeymoon..

DizNee143
02-21-2008, 02:34 PM
we will be going to disney for half of our honeymoon...and will be staying at the contemporary!!! so excited about that..its my dream resort!! :cloud9:
but im trying to think of some "cute" things we can do..
of course ill plan a few nice dinners...and we are gonna get the wedding mickey and minnie ears..other than that..i dont know of anything else to do..
does anyone have any ideas?
nothing too expensive...
thanx for the help in advance :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-21-2008, 02:59 PM
You can take a carriage ride over at PO Riverside. It is really nice. I think it's something like $35 for an hour.

Also make sure you get the bride and groom mouse ears. There are special perks to wearing them.

Disneyfun
02-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Make sure to let the Contemporary and all your dinner reservations know that you are on your honeymoon. They like to do a lot of special things for people that are celebrating special occasions. At CRT, my wife and I received a pair of champaigne flutes for our anniversary.
Also be sure to wear the honeymoon pins they will give you at the Contemporary. The CM's really have fun with it and we were stopped by CM's twice and given fast passes for rides that had no more FP left. Almost everyone we met wished us a happy anniversary.
Lastly, many of the stores have trivia challenges with small trinket prizes and a paper certificate. Many are quite easy or geared for children, but anyone can do them and it's good o'le cheesey fun! See how mny you can get!

brewcrew26
02-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Congrats! As a newlywed and also planning a trip, it's so fun and exciting to find other's planning a Disneymoon!

We're doing our trip in April with the help of the Disney Honeymoon Registry. Some of my work friends went in to get us into the Keys to the Kingdom tour at MK. We're also doing some special dinners at Artist Point and Rose & Crown. And we also are going to get pictures taken at MK with Stan.

Everyone keeps telling us to get the ears and the "just married" pins at City Hall and wear them all the time. Since we're staying at CBR, we've been told that they have hammocks that overlook the lagoon and there's great views of the sunrise. Maybe there's the same at Contemporary on the beach?

Congrats, again!! :mickey:

ibrowse17
02-22-2008, 03:40 PM
While not cheap, we really enjoyed a fireworks cruise during our honeymoon. I would say the best for less thing is to make sure Disney knows it is your honeymoon. We did, and had all sorts of special little perks during our stay. We had special certificates at some resturants, free desserts at others, pins to wear and were greeted by every cast member we saw. They even made us stand up and take a bow at a couple of places.
I would also suggest a dress up type of dinner one evening at a place like Narcoossee's or Artist Point. We truly had a great time at Disney on our honeymoon, and hope you do as well:thumbsup:

BigRedDad
02-22-2008, 04:31 PM
Get a bottle of wine or champagne and watch Wishes from the beach at the Poly. Then, wait for the Water Pageant. I think they have hammocks you can sit on at the beach as well. That is nice and not too expensive.

Tink<3Mickey<3Cinderella
02-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Since your are staying at the Contemporary already, while not CHEAP it was definatley worth it to have dinner at California Grill. We had to dinning plan so we didn't have to pay (although it did take up to sit down's, but it was worth it.) and it was amazing. There was actually a terrible rain storm while we were there and it was just so cool to watch, you could not even see the GF or Poly because it was raining so hard. If you do decide to splurge on this make sure to make reservations for about 30 minutes to an hour before the fireworks being held at MK that night. They will plan your meal around the fireworks so you can go out on the observation deck to watch the fireworks or some tables you can even watch them from your table. They pipe the music to the observation deck so you feel like you are right in MK. This is something i definatley found worth the extra cost.

Also just a little note, my new husband and I did late night swims or hottubs soaks when we would get back from the parks and we had them all to our self and it was VERY relaxing and romantic! It was the thing I think we missed most when we got home.

Also definately wear the ears and pins all the time you get little perks because of them, and people are always congratulating you!

#1donaldfan
02-25-2008, 12:44 PM
Honeymoon??? a lot of the room, hot tub and :marg:.....other than that I can't think of anything else.......ha, ha !!! Congrats to you.

TFrauts
02-26-2008, 01:24 AM
We were there in August for our honeymoon! I TOTALLY agree with the late night swims!! They were awesome! We were at OKW, and we looked foreward to them! So nice to unwind, and relax in the hot tub, and talk about the day! Ughhhh...I can't wait to go back! And another thing we enjoyed was a walk at the boardwalk! We were just out touring the resorts! It was quite unexpected! We almost didn't go! It is really neat to walk aroung the bardwalk at night with all the excitement!

Belle619
02-26-2008, 11:30 AM
How exciting!!! We went to DLR for our honeymoon back in October and I definitely recommend telling them it is a honeymoon trip when you are booking the trip. And make sure to wear your "Just Married" buttons. We wore them in the park and EVERYONE told us congratulations and were extra friendly towards us.

That night, we went straight from the park to dinner, forgetting that we had our buttons on. The waiter, seeing them on us, brought over complementary champagne for the two of us! And while at dinner, mousekeeping had decorated our whole room with rose petals on our bed and "autographed" pics of Mickey and Minnie. :mickey:

So, I guess my suggestion is to tell as many people as possible that you're on your honeymoon because you never know what kind of magicical things may happen! :party2:

DizNee143
02-26-2008, 04:20 PM
thank you all so much for the suggestions so far..
i want to plan a nice dinner..but we ate at cali grill when we were there in Nov for his cousins Rehersal dinner..and it wasnt really our kind of place to eat..the food was a bit to out there for us..we are plain and simple chicken and steak people..
what other really nice resturants are there..
and we cant do seafood...future hubby is allgeric..
thanx again for all the ideas so far!!! :mickey:

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-26-2008, 06:20 PM
You might really like Tony's Town Square. I found the food to be excellent. The steak was the best my husband had on our last trip (he's a big steak eater). If you let them know about a special occasion they put confetti on your table, bring you a special dessert and sing to you.

brewcrew26
02-26-2008, 09:48 PM
thank you all so much for the suggestions so far..
i want to plan a nice dinner..but we ate at cali grill when we were there in Nov for his cousins Rehersal dinner..and it wasnt really our kind of place to eat..the food was a bit to out there for us..we are plain and simple chicken and steak people..
what other really nice resturants are there..
and we cant do seafood...future hubby is allgeric..
thanx again for all the ideas so far!!! :mickey:

We're trying Le Cellier on the suggestions of a lot of people on the boards and our family. Lots of steaks and seafood from the north on the menu and I hear the cheese soup is to die for.

I've always found the Mexico restaurant to be pretty romantic, too. Especially with the boats and the pyramid in the background.

DizNee143
03-03-2008, 10:17 AM
well just found out something interesting about my fiance (learn something new every day!)..he said he wants to go swimming with dolphins...i couldnt believe it when he said that..mr macho man..wants to do what? lol..anyways..
so we looked at discovery cove...ya..we dont have that kind of money..there it would be $290 per person...but i know you can do something with dolphins in the living seas...and thats only $150 per person...but do you actually get to swim with them?? disney website..doesnt say much..at least thats what my fiance said..i havent gone to look myself yet..:mickey:

Beast_fanatic
03-03-2008, 12:43 PM
well just found out something interesting about my fiance (learn something new every day!)..he said he wants to go swimming with dolphins...i couldnt believe it when he said that..mr macho man..wants to do what? lol..anyways..
so we looked at discovery cove...ya..we dont have that kind of money..there it would be $290 per person...but i know you can do something with dolphins in the living seas...and thats only $150 per person...but do you actually get to swim with them?? disney website..doesnt say much..at least thats what my fiance said..i havent gone to look myself yet..:mickey:

From what I've read, you don't actually swim with the dolphins, but you do get in a waist deep pool with them and get to interact (if they so choose).