PDA

View Full Version : Dining plan question

scootch713
02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
Can you use a FULL SERVICE for a counter service??? i know that doesn't make alot of sense, but many times my kids just don't want to sit and wait at a restaurant... I am considering using the dining plan, but think we may end up with 1-2 FULL SERVICE leftover when we would really just need a burger.... make sense???

CleveSJM
02-21-2008, 09:44 AM
During the busy free dining period, I know they allowed 1 TS to be split into 2 CS credits. Not sure if that is a standing rule or how to convert the credit, but they have done it in the past. I'm sure someone will be along with more experience.

PS - Sure you don't want to squeeze in another TS or two. You can always change one of your existing TS's to a signature meal and use 2 TS's for that. Make sure you get ADR's. No matter what time of the year, you are not likely to get a table by walking up, at least not with wasting a lot of time waiting (hours). If not, then paying the extra $ for the DDP probably doesn't make economical sense.

Jared
02-21-2008, 01:06 PM
You can trade table service credits for counter service credits, but it doesn't make much sense. Are you sure the Disney Dining Plan is worthwhile for your group? Unless you want to try a signature restaurant, which costs two table service credits, perhaps you should consider paying for food separate.

:tasty:

crazy4tink
02-21-2008, 01:17 PM
A friend of mine just returned from disney last week and was told that she could use TS as CS if preferred. Even if you are only going to have one or two TS leftover and you choose to utilize them as CS instead, I think the DDP is still an economical choice. :thumbsup:

Listen to the advice of making ADRs, those same friends waited over 2 hours to get a table at several restaurants during their trip because they chose to "wing it" instead of making reservations. :confused:

MsMin
02-21-2008, 01:19 PM
I would suggest an ADR at a buffet to get in and out faster. I agree that using the DDP TS for 2 CS will give you a lot of food and it won't have the same value. The DDP is a lot of food. We have enjoyed it in Dec. 05 and 06 but last Oct went w/o and enjoyed that too.
We use our TS time as our "down time" but it does take time from the parks.