PDA

View Full Version : Welcome gift for first timers

IloveJack
02-21-2008, 08:31 AM
I know that you can arrange to have a welcome basket or something like that in the hotel room to welcome your party. Is there a way that DH and I could have something, like a plush Stitch, in our friends' room when they arrive? It's their first time going (we're not going with them), and I've helped them plan their trip. Their son (turning 9 on the trip) stays with us quite often and we'd love to have something in the room for him when he gets there. Can I just call and give them the name on the ressie and what I'd like to have there for him?

pbkahn
02-21-2008, 10:39 AM
My family and I went to WDW in October '07. We stayed in a cabin in Fort Wilderness. My mother, perhaps a bigger Disney freak than me, decided to send all of us special gift baskets. She used a service I found on WDW website called disneyflorist.com. There are an amazing amount of things that they put together.

While not publicized, they can put together pretty much anything that you want. Mom sent me a Pal Mickey, and I don't think that was one of the offerings. It isn't cheap, but they do deliver!!

As for having it in the room when they arrive, it may be tricky and will depend on the number of special requests, etc. they've made. We had no special requests, and when we checked in, the CM at reception said "That's odd, I already show you as being on-property." It turns out that they had to assign us our cabin prior to check in to put the baskets into our room. If they hadn't done this, it would have been presented to us at Check-in.

Hope this helps, and good luck.

Peter

TammiMcMan
02-21-2008, 11:57 AM
I know that you can arrange to have a welcome basket or something like that in the hotel room to welcome your party.They did a pilot program of this about a year and a half ago to kick off the Million Dreams program. Unfortunately, they didn't extend it beyond the first few months.

Is there a way that DH and I could have something, like a plush Stitch, in our friends' room when they arrive? As the previous poster pointed out, the Disney Florist offers baskets and custom baskets in addition to the flower arrangements. The problem is actually having it in the room when they arrive. Very rarely does that happen, just because the room can be re-assigned and isn't technically yours until you check-in. Usually what will happen, is that the basket is either held at the front desk and given upon check-in, or if they have a runner available, they can deliver it to the room after they check-in.

Can I just call and give them the name on the ressie and what I'd like to have there for him?You need the exact name on the reservation and you can either order a stock basket through the website at www.disneyflorist.com or call them to do something a little more personal.