PDA

View Full Version : What is the difference between YC "Junior Suite" and BC "Deluxe Room"?

BrerGnat
02-21-2008, 01:21 AM
The YC's Junior Suite is $100 more per night than the BC's Deluxe Room. The descriptions of them are the same, except it seems BC's deluxe room has an actual set of french doors separating the parlor from the room, while YC's has a "partial privacy wall".

Why the $100 difference? Both include concierge service...and the BC's has a "water view", so what gives?

TammiMcMan
02-21-2008, 12:48 PM
This is definitely one of those super confusing Disney'isms. At one time, the YC/BC had rooms that were called "deluxe" and you had a choice of type A or type B. Basically, the type A had the privacy wall and type B had the french doors. The Yacht Club had all type A's and the the Beach Club had both styles. Then came the split, the Yacht Club changed their terminology from "deluxe" to "junior suite". The Beach Club took their type A's and called them deluxe, while the type B's became suites.

The reason for the price difference, is that the Yacht Club "junior suites" offer more square footage than the Beach Club "deluxe" rooms.

As to the french doors in the Beach Club deluxe, I'm not positive that's the case anymore. I'm pretty sure that they were the rooms re-coded as a suite. They come with a king bed in the bedroom and daybed in the separate sleeping area. The deluxes are one big room, 2 queen beds and daybed or sleep sofa (not positive which one).

If you're handling your reservations through Magical Journeys, I would definitely ask Karen if she has more information. It's so confusing, that even calling Disney's CRO might not get you the correct answer. I'd ask the expert (aka Karen) about this one.

Tinkerfreak
02-22-2008, 09:06 AM
We stayed in a deluxe room at the BC and it was all one room. Two queen beds and a sleeper sofa. It was just a bit bigger than a regular room. It was located on a corner and the area the sofa was in was kind of set back a little to add extra space.

BrerGnat
02-22-2008, 11:19 PM
Okay, this is so frustrating. I just watched a quicktime 360 degree VR view of a YC "Junior Suite" (room #4201) and it DEFINITELY had french doors. The bedroom had 2 queen beds. The "parlor" had the bathroom and a daybed, dresser, and table and chairs. I don't know how old that video was...

THAT is the room I want! I just want to know how to get it. :mickey:

I think I'll contact MJ...we are not going until May 2009, but I understand that there are only a couple of these rooms, and whatever it is called, I want one!!!

TammiMcMan
02-22-2008, 11:41 PM
I checked a little further and both room 3201 and 4201 at the YC have the french door setup. They don't have the large walk in closet, but it is an extra wide master bedroom and full balconies. If these 2 rooms are still considered part of the "junior suite" inventory, then the best you can do is try to request a specific room number. Unfortunately, I don't think there'd be any guarantee on whether you got this layout or the privacy wall layout.

Sometimes I'm not even sure Disney knows what they have and when they re-code, it can cause a lot of confusion. I would definitely recommend utilizing MJ, especially if this room setup ends up being "request only". They can help you out.

BrerGnat
02-23-2008, 05:06 PM
Thanks Tammi. Can you post (or PM me) Karen at MJ's email address? According to you, she's the expert on this stuff. I'd appreciate it!

TammiMcMan
02-23-2008, 05:24 PM
Here's a link to Karen's info ~ http://www.intercot.com/discussion/member.php?u=358 .

BrerGnat
02-23-2008, 05:55 PM
Thank you!