PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant recommendations for St. Paul/Minneapolis

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-20-2008, 11:26 PM
I will be traveling to Minneapolis/St. Paul in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any restaurants that they recommend? Are there any good German or Irish restaurants?

Aggie97
02-21-2008, 12:39 AM
We were in Minneapolis a few years ago and ate at Manny's Steakhouse. It was really good! :)

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks we'll have to check that out.

jennbunn
02-24-2008, 10:40 AM
for irish try either o'gara's or Patrick McGovern's in st. paul. if you will be in town for st pat's day downtown st paul has a parade that is alot of fun. :)

MNNHFLTX
02-24-2008, 01:15 PM
There's a great German restaurant in Minneapolis called the Black Forest Inn, just south of downtown. It's been there for years. Really, really good authentic German food and music, and in the summer the patio beer garden is the place to be. :tasty:

autumn
02-28-2008, 02:42 PM
the local is nice for irish with food (in mpls) and the glockenspiel (sp?) in st. paul is nice for german.

the twin cities have a great selection of irish pubs, if you're just looking for drinks.

mpls - britt's, kieran's, molly quinn's
stp - o'gara's, sweeny's, the liffy

most of these places have food, too, but the best food is at the local. for authenticity, i like molly quinn's, although the building is not as cool.

my favorite mpls restaurant is bobino on hennepin. fabulous food and a glowing atmosphere - good if you're i ntown for fun and not business.

oen other thing to try is the artists' quarter in st. paul. it's a bar with amazing jazz, and on tuesdays there is a PHENOMINAL guy that plays every week for like a $2 cover.

other good places are kincaid's and the st. paul grill (mostly those are good for business).:thumbsup:

DakotaDisney
02-29-2008, 12:53 AM
There's a great German restaurant in Minneapolis called the Black Forest Inn, just south of downtown. It's been there for years. Really, really good authentic German food and music, and in the summer the patio beer garden is the place to be. :tasty:

Black Forest Inn is a good restaurant for German food.

Half Time Rec. is a fun Irish club in St. Paul.
1013 Front Avenue, St. Paul
I have only been there once, but it was fun. We played Bocce Ball in the basement and part of the movie "Grumpy Old Men" was filmed here.

The Mall of America has some fun and good restaurants. If you are flying in you can take the light rail from the airport to the Mall of America or dowtown.

princessjojo
02-29-2008, 09:08 PM
I don't remember the name but there was a great pub just about 1-2 blocks away from the Hilton in Minneapolis. We hung out there a couple of nights and had a great time.

BelleLovesTheBeast
03-07-2008, 08:11 PM
We ate at the Black Forest Inn and it was great. I had the Sauerbraten and my DH had the sausage sampler (they make the sausage themselves). It was very authentic. My DH didn't like the potatoes (vinegar and bacon) so I ate them. My mom made them growing up so I love them. I also had the German beer sampler. Also really good if your a beer drinker.

Thanks for the recommendations.