PDA

View Full Version : Being in parades

Disneymom65
02-20-2008, 10:05 PM
How do you get picked to be in the parades? I have seen families riding in the AK parade, but can you also get picked to be in the parades at the other parks?

Mickey 101
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
I've read of families being chosen to be in parades at MK and MGM. We were chosen to be in Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade in AK a few years ago. It was very random......we were just walking over in Harambe and a CM approached us and asked if we would like to ride on one of the parade floats. It was about 1-1 1/2 hours before parade time. It was a definitely a magical experience!! :mickey:

kakn7294
02-21-2008, 08:09 AM
My friend's DS and new DIL were chosen to be in the AK parade in Oct while on their honeymoon. They were just walking around AK and were approached by a CM who asked them a few questions before asking if they wanted to be in the parade.

DisneyCouple07
02-21-2008, 09:29 AM
My DW and I were in Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade too (while on our honeymoon). If you hang around the area where the floats start the parade about an hour to an hour and half before the parade you probably have a better chance. It was a lot of fun and made our day. The only hard part was that our arms were killing us by the end of the parade (it doesn't seem like much, but waving not stop does take a toll, lol). :mickey: