PDA

View Full Version : Our DD’s 1st birthday trip to WDW…Day 3, Allie's Birthday!!!

plutogal27
02-20-2008, 08:23 PM
We had early ressies at Crystal Palace (8:05am), so we were up and out early.

We were a little worried about how Allie would react to the characters. Up to that point, she didn’t have much to do with them. Today was no exception. She loved to watch them, but didn’t like them invading her own personal bubble.  She liked Tigger the least. She freaked every time he tried to touch her. Pooh was only moderately better. She apparently liked Piglet, but he never came around to our table. The staff decorated our table with pixie dust and streamers. The buffet was yummy as usual. This is one of DH and my favorite character meals. As we were finishing up breakfast, our server brought Allie a cupcake. This was an unexpected treat. Allie loved eating cake for breakfast.

After breakfast, we headed to the Main Street Barber Shop to get Allie’s first haircut. Diane was her “barber”. She was fantastic with Allie! Allie sat completely still and loved being pampered. I think this is one of the best bargains at the Magic Kingdom, I think. For $14, we got her haircut, a certificate, and Minnie ears that have “First Haircut” embroidered on them.

From there, we headed to Fantasyland and rode everything. Allie loved the carousel so much we had to ride it twice. She rode Dumbo, the teacups, Winnie the Pooh, Small World, and Peter Pan and loved them all. She was so cute! She would blow kisses to the dolls in Small World and would wave to Winnie the Pooh. She fell asleep during Peter Pan, so we went and grabbed a bite from Columbia Harbor House. Yuck. DH and I shared the fish, chicken, and fries. It was greasy and gross. Definitely the worst CS meal we’ve ever had at the World.

While Allie took a nap, MIL and FIL stayed with her so that DH and I could ride Haunted Mansion. Love the new enhancements to the ride. The bride in the attic is awesome! By the time we got back to meet up with the in-laws, Allie had woken up. I went and grabbed her some fries and we lined up for the afternoon parade. Allie was wearing her Happy Birthday button and a lot of the characters stopped to wish her a happy birthday. She loved the all of the parades, but I think this was her favorite. She’d bounce up and down and clap. It was so cute!!

After the parade, we decided to go rest at the resort for a bit. We had dinner ressies at Liberty Tree Tavern at 7:35pm and I didn’t want Allie to have a meltdown in the middle of dinner. We made it back to the Magic Kingdom just in time for Spectromagic. I love this parade. Allie was just mesmerized by all the lights. We made it over to Liberty Tree for our dinner. Allie was pretty tired, so she wanted nothing to do with the characters. We had our traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Good as always. The characters really tried to get Allie to warm up to them, but she wasn’t having it. We still had fun though. They brought out the cake that I special ordered. It was an eight inch triple layered chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream icing. The image was marzipan. We didn’t eat the image as it was pretty bitter. The cake was good though and the icing was awesome. It was supposed to be $25 for the cake and $8 for the image, but they didn’t charge us for the image. It took us the rest of the week, eating cake for lunch and dinner, to finish it. We missed Wishes since it started at 8pm, so we just called it a night and went back to the resort.

It was a magical day. It was so cool seeing the Magic Kingdom through our DD’s eyes.

Up next: Valentine’s Day…Animal Kingdom and Epcot

#1disneyfan
02-20-2008, 10:22 PM
Sounds like your DD had a wonderful birthday. What a great place to spend her first birthday. Thanks so much for sharing!

pdrlkr
02-21-2008, 10:23 AM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

RedheadWriter
02-21-2008, 07:06 PM
:party:What a wonderful birthday!!!!!!!:party:

Bethis26fan
02-21-2008, 09:46 PM
what a great birthday

dolphinmickey9170
02-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a fun birthday!!:mickey:

faline
02-25-2008, 06:03 PM
What wonderfully magic memories you created of your daughter's birthday! I'm sure you will treasure these moments for many years!

MauiMouse
02-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Too bad that you didn't like Columbia Harbour House, it's one of my favorite counter service restaurants. Sounds like you had a fantastic time at the Magic Kingdom with Allie, a lot of great memories I'm sure. :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
02-26-2008, 05:47 PM
Glad to hear the birthday was so special! Disney is a wonderful place to celebrate a birthday! :cloud9:

Sorry you didn't like CHHouse. I love the ham sandwich there. Having coleslaw on it may sound weird, but it's actually good (unless you prefer mustard or ketchup on sandwiches).

tinkerbell04
03-05-2008, 01:51 PM
What a great birthday! Thanks for sharing :mickey: