PDA

View Full Version : Le Cellier Steakhouse & Coral reef Restaurant

Gooftroop5
02-20-2008, 03:58 PM
Couple questions dh and I are going be down there for both of our birthdays and thanks to other generous people in our party we are going to get a night out without the kids. Dh wants to go to Le Cellier which is fine but I also would like to go to Coral Reef. What does anyone think of these 2 places? We are actually thinking of Le Cellier for our birthdays and taking the kids to the Coral Reef (they like seafood too). We have our favorite places but want to try something new.

Also about the Coral reef in the information on the web from disney's dining plan the Coral reef is table Service but under the EPCOT part of the site it says it is a Signature restaurant is it 1 or 2 table services off the dining plan?

We have time to make our decision since we can't make and ADRs for a couple of months.Thank you for your input.

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 04:03 PM
I think your plan to do LeCellier for the 2 of you, and Coral Reef with the kids is a good one! :thumbsup:

Coral Reef used to be 2TS when the DDP first started. But it is now only 1TS (2007 & 2008).

MMouse6937
02-20-2008, 04:45 PM
I second what Wendy said. I would definately think that Le Cellier is more geared towards just you and your husband, but the kids would probably really like Coral Reef. We ate at both last year and liked both of them.

The ambience of the Coral Reef is very neat, the big tank is fun and divers keep swimming by and waving at you. Our party had the NY strip, crab legs, and the salmon. Everyone liked their meal a lot. We will be headed back this trip.

As far as Le Cellier goes it is a must every trip. The cheddar cheese soup is the best, great breadsticks, and of course steak. My mom had the salmon and said that was good. I had prime rib which was well prepared.

Both places are 1 TS now. Good luck, have fun!! :thumbsup:

Mikey Piano 23
02-20-2008, 04:45 PM
At Le Cellier I had the best cut of meat I have ever had in my life. However our waitress was kinda overworked and was a little bit short and snippy with us. If you never have been there I would try it once. For me and my girlfriend I dont think we will ever go back. Hope this helps.

tink179
02-20-2008, 05:11 PM
We were there last month and did Le Cellier with the kids. Such a super meal!!! So yummy!!!!Ages 7,4, and almost 2. The 2 older ones did well, but my dd kept wanting to play with things, and didn't want to stay in her seat. I would definitely do this meal with just you and your dh. I've never been to Coral Reef, but i've read that kids really like it there. It is 1TS credit at both.

jpH/keD
02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I have always wanted to do the Coral Reef but so far haven't made it.

We did do LeCellier in Nov 07 and it was great! You won't be disappointed. We had a large party and ordered a wide variety and NOTHING was left on any plate! Enjoy and Happy Birthdays!:thumbsup:

MauiMouse
02-20-2008, 05:20 PM
I've eaten at both places and enjoyed them equally. The cheddar cheese soup at LeCellier is to die for, and the Jack Daniels Mousse at Coral Reef is the same, yummy. :tasty:

TKDONALD
02-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I TE AT BOTH PLACES IN DECEMBER. THEY WERE BOTH GREAT. YOU CANT BEAT THE VIEW IN THE CORAL REEF THOUGH.:mickey:

Natazu
02-20-2008, 06:18 PM
I second what Wendy said. I would definately think that Le Cellier is more geared towards just you and your husband, but the kids would probably really like Coral Reef. We ate at both last year and liked both of them.

The ambience of the Coral Reef is very neat, the big tank is fun and divers keep swimming by and waving at you. Our party had the NY strip, crab legs, and the salmon. Everyone liked their meal a lot. We will be headed back this trip.

As far as Le Cellier goes it is a must every trip. The cheddar cheese soup is the best, great breadsticks, and of course steak. My mom had the salmon and said that was good. I had prime rib which was well prepared.

Both places are 1 TS now. Good luck, have fun!! :thumbsup:

I second what Sarah said about seconding what Linda said. Both places are great; you can't go wrong.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
02-20-2008, 06:57 PM
Le Cellier for 2 and Coral Reef for the family would also be my vote. I know Coral Reef gets mixed reviews but we have been three times and it was fantastic each time (service and food). We have eaten Le Cellier numerous times and have never had anything but an exceptional meal.

Gooftroop5
02-21-2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks everyone for your input. I will tell dh. He'll be happy to know he loves his steak. :thumbsup:

lightyearfan
02-21-2008, 11:24 AM
i also have to agree with Wendy Darking, thats what me and dw would do if we were in your shoes.

Victor

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 01:55 PM
I think Coral Reef is overrated but Le Cellier is delicious :tasty:

GrmGrninGost
02-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Those are my two favorite restaurants at Epcot. I think you're doing right by taking the kids to Coral Reef. My own DKs love to watch the fish swimming around while we dine. (as do I). As far as the food, I can't imagine you won't love both places. They are consistently two of the best meals during our vacations! :mickey:

DisneyDD2
02-23-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd agree with the majority. I think you're doing the right thing by doing Le Cellier with just the 2 of you and taking the family to Coral Reef. When we went to LC a year and a half ago, my father thought the steak he got was one of the best he had ever eaten, and he's a steak kind of guy. Good choices! :thumbsup:

pwdebbie
02-24-2008, 02:58 PM
We did Coral Reef for my birthday in October. Major disappointment (my "personalized" menu even had my name spelled wrong). Service was slow (I kept thinking of all the things I COULD have been doing instead of being trapped there for two+ hours), waiter was seldom available, portions were (as the ad on TV says) elf-food size. Just an overall disappointment. And I had so been looking forward to it.

Le Cellier -- I can't say enough good about that restaurant. Excellent service, excellent food, quick but not rushed. I'd go back there again in a heart beat. In fact, we tried to go back while we were there but we couldn't get in for lunch or dinner the rest of our vacation. Great restaurant for a nice dinner for just the two of you. I think I'd put Le Cellier at the top of our favorite restaurants list.

Deb
POFQ, Oct. 2007
wishing / hoping / dreaming / praying for April 2009