PDA

View Full Version : info about POP!

Yano
02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Hi,
me my DH, DD11, DS9, DS4, and 7month baby are going to WDW this march.
this will be our first time staying at POP, usually we go to AKL, but this year with our new member to the family and our tight budget we thought it would be better to take two adjacent rooms at POP. instead of driving ourselves crazy from staying in one tight room.
my questions are: 1. do they have a fridge in POP rooms, 2. are we going to be too disappointed because of the resort change? 3. do you know how much it would cost to get a one room Villa @ AKL, I want to know if the change is worth it. and 4. what do you think the pros are for staying @ POP, and how is it like?
Thank you
Yano

chicade88
02-21-2008, 10:14 AM
1. They do not have a fridge in Pop rooms as a standard ammenity but you can pay a small fee (I believe it's $10) per day in order to have one in your room.

2. Honestly I don't think you will be disappointed since you have young children. The big icons, the pool, and even the food court are pretty appealing I would imagine to little ones from their bold colors and simply massive size. I think you'll be fine! : )

3. I don't know how much a one-room villa would cost but if you contact Magical Journeys or even call up Disney yourself, I'm sure they could give you the price quote difference.

4. We weren't big fans of Pop, but only because our current situation wasn't really a good fit with them (no kids). Pop has a GREAT food court and also has little games all around the property. Ones I remember are twister and a water fountain thing. There are also a few pools. The main pool even has a pool bar by it! :marg:

Happy Disney and I'm sure you'll have an awesome trip!

Birnbaum has notin on me
02-21-2008, 07:11 PM
dont stay at pop

dbud83
02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
dont stay at pop

If you can afford higher, you shouldnt stay at the pop.

Dreamin_of_Disney247
02-21-2008, 07:26 PM
The POP is all about kids so your older kids will love it. Mine love it because it has a huge arcade and lots of swimming pools. AKL is much prettier from a grown up view and after all Disney is fun no matter where you stay! And if you're like my family, it's just a room to sleep in because we're at the parks all day. I would much rather have more room than a"prettier" resort. And the food is good too.Not to mention the never ending Icee's for the refillable drink mugs. Hope you have fun and remember to put sunscreen on that little one!:mickey:

Janet89
02-22-2008, 11:43 AM
I haven't stayed at POP yet, but am planning to. We previously stayed at WL. Sure, I would like to stay at a Deluxe again, but money is an issue . . . . . I would rather spend $$ on other things rather than a room I won't be in much anyway.

In researching POP, I have became very excited about the "over the top" theme, the food court choices, etc. I think my DS will LOVE it. Just seeing his excitement will make me like it more, kwim? :thumbsup:

I think you will be fine, especially since you have two rooms. Just read up on things and know what to expect and you will be fine!

LudwigVonDrake
02-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Of the values, POP is where you want to stay :mickey:

Sylvia
02-22-2008, 12:27 PM
Although POP is all about kids, it really appeals to the kid in every one of us. I've stayed at POP a couple of times by myself and I've seen many other adult guests vacationing without kids at POP. It has become my favorite value resort.

Besides the "over-the-top" icons and theme, there is a promenade along Hourglass Lake, with benches - there are some quiet places along the promenade that I enjoy. In the main building, opposite check-in, there are shadowboxes with memories from each decade (50s to 90s). If you like nostalgia, you'll love this place. The main pool is the "Hippy Dippy" pool in the 60s section. My favorite area, the 50s section (close to the main building) has a pool in the shape of a bowling pin.

Everything POP has a great food court and shop. There are many great choices for breakfast; although POP doesn't have adult size Mickey waffles (the waffles are the POP logo), one of the kids' breakfast choices includes mini Mickey waffles. The food court also has a good selection for lunch and dinner. The Parmesan-crusted chicken is really good. And, if you want a unique dessert, try the Tie-Dyed Cheesecake or the Twinkie Tiramisu.

Since you're planning to request 2 connecting rooms, room size shouldn't be a problem. I've had some great success with Magical Journeys (one of Intercot's sponsors). If you contact them (click on the Magical Journeys link at the top left under "ICOT Sponsors"), they'll help you find the perfect location.

Have a great time.

wendy*darling
02-22-2008, 01:04 PM
POP is great!
We have stayed at every level resort many times each, and we are DVC members.
I would never hesitate to stay at POP. It's bright, colorful, clean. The kids will love it- but so will you. It brings back memories of all the toys you played with growing up.

I think what you are asking for AKL is a one-bedroom villa (not one room, since that is too small for your family).
I will agree that you should contact Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/) to get a no-obligation, current quote on that room rate for your vacation dates, but I can tell you right now it will be considerably more than 2 rooms at Pop.