PDA

View Full Version : looking for info about POP

Yano
02-20-2008, 01:31 PM
sorry, i sent several threads about the same subject, but it wasnt loadiding i did not think it went through,

Hi,
me my DH, DD11, DS9, DS4, and 7month baby are going to WDW this march.
this will be our first time staying at POP, usually we go to AKL, but this year with our new member to the family and our tight budget we thought it would be better to take two adjacent rooms at POP. instead of driving ourselves crazy from staying in one tight room.
my questions are: 1. do they have a fridge in POP rooms, 2. are we going to be too disappointed because of the resort change? 3. do you know how much it would cost to get a one room Villa @ AKL, I want to know if the change is worth it. and 4. what do you think the pros are for staying @ POP, and how is it like?
Thank you
Yano
:flower: :thumbsup:

packofjedis
02-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Pop is a really fun resort. I think your kids will enjoy it.

No fridges in the room. Are you driving? You could bring a cooler and fill it with ice. Or you can rent a fridge for $10 (?) per night.

I haven't stayed at AKL, but it looks fabulous! We have stayed at Contemporary, POR, POFQ, CB, CSR, All Star Movies, and Pop. The values have the "WOW" factor for kids. Everything is bigger than life and fun! I think for the $$ it can't be beat, and you'll have the added benefit of 2 bathrooms. With 2 adults and 4 kids, 2 bathrooms are sure to be good.

We're staying at Pop again this year. We have dreams of WL, but every year, we can't seem to book it when the values are so much cheaper and my kids enjoy them so much (for now).

Pros & cons -
Pop doesn't share a bus with other resorts, but neither does AKL (I think). It will, however, usually have one of the last bus stops when you're leaving a park.

Pop has a great food court. The deluxe hotels don't really have a food court the way the other hotels do. You can get a decent meal at the hotel which is nice.

No water slide at Pop. AKL does have one.

AKL is an indoor resort, so if it's raining you can still get down to the lobby. At Pop, you're forced to run through the rain.

I'm sure I could come up with more. Have you been to Intercot's resort page and looked at the pictures of Pop? I don't think you'll regret it. Your kids will enjoy all the fun HUGE character and fooz ball field. And you'll have the benefit of 2 bathrooms! Plus, when all is said and done, you're in Disney!!! :mickey:

Jeff G
02-21-2008, 10:36 AM
sorry, i sent several threads about the same subject, but it wasnt loadiding i did not think it went through,

Hi,
me my DH, DD11, DS9, DS4, and 7month baby are going to WDW this march.
this will be our first time staying at POP, usually we go to AKL, but this year with our new member to the family and our tight budget we thought it would be better to take two adjacent rooms at POP. instead of driving ourselves crazy from staying in one tight room.
my questions are: 1. do they have a fridge in POP rooms, 2. are we going to be too disappointed because of the resort change? 3. do you know how much it would cost to get a one room Villa @ AKL, I want to know if the change is worth it. and 4. what do you think the pros are for staying @ POP, and how is it like?
Thank you
Yano
:flower: :thumbsup:

If you want to compare prices I would recommend contacting Magical Jouney's travel, they could quote you and handle all of your reservations. If you already have reservations I'd have them check to see if they can do better. MJ's also has a nice photo gallery of pictures showing the Pop rooms and grounds to compliment Intercot's.

Emsparents
02-22-2008, 10:20 PM
If you go into it with the right attitude POP is a great place to stay. The last two trips to WDW we have stayed there and we love it. It is a very nice place, clean, colorful, great bus service, and a great staff. I think too many people go in with the attitude that they are going to get the same experience at POP that they get the Poly for a discount price, then are let down when they don't. Yes the rooms are smaller and the baths as well,but if you are looking for a clean comfortable room with the Disney feel then you can't go wrong! The food court can get crowded but the selections they offer are good. The bus service is better than we have seen at many moderates. Many nights when we have left the Magic Kingdom we have arrived at the bus stop to find 3 busses waiting for us. POP is now our favorite resort at WDW.

AlvyOT08
02-23-2008, 01:50 PM
I've never stayed at the AKL due to having a tight budget, but I've stayed at POP twice and have really enjoyed it. We never at the food court, but have always used the drink cups, which is an awesome deal. The pools at the POP are great, no slide, but there still really nice. The rooms were always clean and wonderful. There's only 2 double beds in the room we had, but it was me and best friend, so we had plently of room. I think it might be a litle small with your family, but it's hard for me to really say that. The icons at the POP are great and we spent an nice afternoon just walking around and taking pictures. The POP doesn't share a bus with anyone, so that's really nice and they always seem to have a lot of buses running. The staff at the POP is also great, whenever we had questions, we got answers right away. There's no fridge, but you can rent one, we never did. I think with the age of your kids, they're really going to enjoy POP. They have a really cool goofy squirting fountain area, that the kids always seem to be, as well as adults :secret:! I'm sorry i can't compare it to anything else, but I have never been disappointed with the POP. Also, take into account how long you'll actually be in you room. I totally reccomend the POP. Good Luck :mickey:

NJDad
02-24-2008, 06:08 AM
If we had our druthers, the adults in our family would pick AKL. The kids would pick POP. (They were the last two hotels we've used at WDW).

I think the two rooms will be much better, and it sounds like your hands will be full too much to really enjoy the relaxation of AKL.

We're at the point where we feel we need 2 rooms too, so it's value time forever?

PhilHarHarMagic
02-24-2008, 09:00 AM
Having two rooms at POP is the only way for us to go - it is so nice to have two bathrooms and four beds - it's also nice to have two thermostats and two TVs. After a long day at the park, it's nice to be able to spread out a bit.

There is no refrigerator - I think they are $15 a day, I've heard of a website in the past where you can coordinate with others to share refrigerators, but you will have to search for it - if it even exists.

All-star Music has a limited number of suites, but when we looked at it, two rooms at Pop were still cheaper, but they may have refrigerators and I'm not sure I factored that into the cost.

There is Elfa type shelving instead of a closet. There is a wall safe.

Do they have hair dryers?

E-OR
02-24-2008, 11:48 AM
I would go with the two rooms at Pop. We did this one year when we took one of my sons friends with us. It was great to have the extra bathroom and extra space. We did get a fridge as well. We have never stayed at Pop but are planning to stay one night when we go in September. Can't wait.