PDA

View Full Version : which rooms at WL?

TanyaB
02-20-2008, 12:13 PM
hi there,
I had our trip all planned...we were going to stay at POR and I showed my husband the pictures and he didn't like it! So I told him to do some research and find a resort he'll be happy with...and he picked the Wilderness Lodge (I hope we get a good tax return to help pay for it !!!).

My question is, what is the best room type to request?
Thanks for your help! :mickey:
Tanya

pugslave
02-20-2008, 12:52 PM
We LOVE the WL. In fact, I just booked a trip for May there! The resort is beautiful. Walking into the lobby takes your breath away, and they have, IMO, the most beautiful pool area. The courtyard views are really nice, but if you get one, make sure you are on the 4th or 5th floor, that way you can see all the pool area and overlook the lake. The standard views are quite nice also, and tend to look out over the woods. You won't regret staying there!

Tygger7
02-20-2008, 01:05 PM
We love WL and are also staying there in May. For the money, I'd go with Standard view or Woods view. I'd rather save some money on the room so I can spend more on souvenirs in the park. :D It's such a beautiful place, that I honestly don't think there is a "bad" view.

Mackflava99
02-20-2008, 01:11 PM
We are going there in june-
In my opinion, the higher the better for the views-
Poolside and lake view are the best.

its a great lodge- when you get there, they have a free tour that is very interesting, it tells you all about the hotel.

The entire place is very quiet- so there shouldnt be noise worries.

Enjoy your stay

laprana
02-20-2008, 01:50 PM
WL is beautiful! You'll love it there!

One thing to note about room choice -- if you book a courtyard view room, be aware that this type of view includes rooms that overlook the villas. Courtyard view rooms are no longer just the rooms that overlook the actual courtyard where the pool is. If you do want a room overlooking the actual courtyard, it's probably best to request that on your reservation, but even then there's no guarantee you'll get that view. We stayed at WL in December in a courtyard view room that overlooked the villas. It was nice and peaceful, but it really seemed like it should have been considered a Woods view room since all we saw were trees and a little bit of the villas. We were still really happy with the room and to be staying at WL, though.

Have a great trip!! :mickey:

mjesq
02-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Ask for 5th or 6th floor MK side! It's a standard view BUT not standard! From room 6034 you can see the castle! :mickey: We also watched the fireworks every night from our balcony...

šošalyssaluvsmickeyšoš
02-24-2008, 11:22 AM
The court yard views facing the villas still overlook a pool and in my opinion its better then the main pool view because of the noise level.We had a court yard view of the main pool and switched to the villa side its much quieter.In reality the best rooms might be on the left wing side opposite the courtyard rooms.Im not sure but you can probably see the castle from some of the rooms on the upper floors.Have a good trip.

pook@wdw
02-25-2008, 12:58 PM
We've stayed in all 4 room views, so let's see if I can break it down properly for you.
1. Standard/Woods View-Balcony overlooks wooded area (very peaceful-not much to see)
2. MK View-Facing MK. Could see the monorail and watch Wishes from our balcony (little more expensive)
3. Lodge View-Overlooking interior lodge area. Great place to people watch (noisier than the others, our room was above WC)
4. Courtyard View-Our personal fave. 4th floor overlooking pool, bar, and Bay Lake. Normally more expensive, but we got a discount for being Disney Visa holders. Will try for this area on our next visit-specifically room #3161 (yes, we know the room we want!)
Hope this helps...have a Magical Journey !:mickey:

Goes4FastPass
02-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Standard View can be very sub-standard. We were on the MK side in a room overlooking the.....

dumpsters!
We wanted to leave our balcony room door cracked and every morning about 4am
bbeep-beep-beep backup alarms and bang crash bang while they serviced the dumpsters.
And yes courtyard view can mean the 'outsize of the V' on the side facing the villas.

Brian
02-26-2008, 01:48 PM
I didn't realize they considered the side facing the Villas as Courtyard View. I personally would be very disappointed to have paid for a Courtyard View and then be placed over there. I'm with the other poster who stated that that should be considered Woods View.

We have a trip this May and are booked for Courtyard View. Hopefully it overlooks the actual courtyard.

Figment104
02-26-2008, 02:54 PM
When I was booking our trip for our honeymoon I was told that I needed to request the main courtyard to get the side that overlooked the pool and gyser. As usual they told me they couldn't guarantee it but we ended up getting the most perfect room on the 5th floor I think it was 5252. :cloud9: But the courtyard view is by far our favorite.

sillyolbear
02-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Some of the MK side rooms do have a nice view of the dumpster and loading dock area for the restaurants. The higher up you go the less of a worry other than the noise.

There are some nice rooms on the MK side where the patio on the first floor opens onto a little pond. That room and one's higher up (4/5) floor which gave a glimpse of Wishes have been our favorites.

TanyaB
02-27-2008, 02:22 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice!

I booked our vacation on Monday and and chose the Woodsview Room (and requested an higher floor).

When I got off the phone I was so excited and dancing and celebrating that we had booked our vacation and I said to my 4 year old son, "We're going to Disneyworld!"...and his response was...."Yes, Mommy, I know...you told me!" Too funny! I guess to him when mommy said that we were going, it was official...but it wasn't official to me until I actually made the reservation. :mickey:
Can't wait until July!