PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Training

magicjasb
02-20-2008, 09:20 AM
Does anyone know if there is a signup for the Jedi Training Academy? We went to Star Wars Weekends a few years ago and they chose kids from the audience. We tried unsuccessfully for every show, everyday we were there. I thought I read somewhere that you can now sign up, but I couldn't find the info. We are going this June and would love any advice.:mickey:

tink179
02-20-2008, 10:21 AM
My family and I were there last month, and it's still just luck of the draw. :( My 2ds's went to the first show of the day, and didn't get picked and they were in the front row. My youngest cried. :( So they went back to the 2nd showing of the day with my dh and got in the front row again(I never saw them pick a kid from the back.) and my dd and I went shopping. :cloud9: Not a fan of Star Wars. :secret: My dh told them to jump up and down and scream, and do what they could to get attention. So, my 2ds's held hands and jumped up and down together, so they would be chosen together. They were. :party: I think it was because he recognized them from the first show, and knew they didn't get chosen. I hope these tips work for you!!! :mickey:

ibrowse17
02-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Agreed. Last week they just picked from the crowd, and told any that had already been picked to let others go instead. It was pretty cool, and everyone got a chance to fight Lord Vader:darth: I really wanted to do it, but my wife said I was too old:(

MOJoe
02-20-2008, 04:13 PM
We had a similar experience as Tink 179. My DS9 is a big Star Wars fan, and one of his wishes was to complete Jedi Training at last year's Star Wars Weekends. On the day we were successful, we lined up 15 minutes early, and got right by the railing up front for the first show of the day. He did not get selected the first time, and was so disappointed. He stood in the same spot till the next showing, while we had lunch. That's dedication. When the master came out to begin the next show, he looked me straight in the eye then picked my son first! I was so relieved.
So my tip is to get right up front, 4 or 5 feet back is too far. And if you don't get chosen, stand your ground and try again at the next show. It is totally worth the effort. And don't forget that video camera.

magicjasb
02-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the input. I should have added that we tried over and over again on the last trip, and finally stopped when we the tears were too much. My son was only 4 and so wanted to be on the stage. He is 9 now, so maybe we will have more luck in getting chosen. It would be so much better for the kids if they had some type of sign up list that you could get to first thing in the morning.