PDA

View Full Version : Ghirardelli

Belle_0717
02-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Hi there. My dad just got back last night from Orlando - he went to Daytona for the races - and he went to DTD twice. Both times Ghirardelli was closed. One cast member said they were doing work inside but there was nothing he could see.

DH and I leave for the world in 10 days 16 hours and 3 minutes. Has anyone heard anything about a refurb or changes? I need my DARK CHOCOLATE HOT FUDGE SUNDAE!

CleveSJM
02-20-2008, 09:42 AM
Ahhhh! :confused: Oh no!

I'm there next Wednesday and will need my Foghorn. (chocolate ice cream, raspberry sauce, hot fudge and chocolate chips)

I heard they may have changed the menu recently but the specialty sundaes better still be there. Your dark chocolate hot fudge sounds like an acceptable solution.

The Ghirardelli website doesn't mention anything about a rehab. Try to close it down for a rehab, I say no, no, no... ;)

They did have a phone number. I'll call when I get into the 407. Phone 407.934.8855

Figment!
02-20-2008, 10:04 AM
See Downtown Disney's Ghirardelli Soda Fountain & Chocolate Shop to Be Redesigned (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=124739)down in the News forum.

The location is scheduled to fully operational through the refurbishment.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-22-2008, 01:28 PM
I did read somewhere that they were refurbing and making it larger...I think they are adding an upstairs area....I'm not sure how long it will take, but remember it maybe being a couple of months.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I love Ghiradelli. There used to be one here but they closed it.....now I have to go when I'm in Disney.

MinnieMommie
02-23-2008, 03:07 PM
I love Ghirardelli and no trip to WDW is complete without a hot fudge sundae for DH and something yummie for me. There is no Ghirardelli where I live so all the weeeter anticipation when I visit Disney. Look forward to seeing the renovations..:mickey:

Piglet822
02-23-2008, 03:45 PM
They did have a phone number. I'll call when I get into the 407. Phone 407.934.8855

I'm at WDW right now and we just called the phone number you listed. The young lady that answered said they are open until midnight tonight.
Hopefully we'll have energy to walk over there after La Nouba :D

* Ok, it's 12:30 and DBF and I just got back a little while ago. I'm happy to say Ghirardelli is open, I saw no signs of rehabbing going on although I did notice the last time I was there that the island by the counter where they make the ice cream is gone and several tables have been added.