PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Joining rooms

PeterPansMagic
02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
We already have our hotel booked but now a friend of ours wants to stay in an adjoining room. How far in advance does he have to book the adjoining room or does it matter since we already have our room booked? We told them on the phone that we may need an adjoining room so they are already aware of it.

PirateLover
02-20-2008, 03:06 AM
On both of your reservations you should list the name of the people you want rooms next to. Also when you check in you might want to do so together and let the CM know. However there is no way to guarantee you'll get what you want. If they can't give you adjoining rooms you can always request the same floor or building, that should be doable. We did receive adjacent rooms with the parties who were traveling with us on our previous 2 trips-but they were not the rooms where you could open up the door and walk from room to room. But it was still nice to have them close by.

Disney Lynn
02-20-2008, 08:58 AM
If you want rooms that have a door between the rooms, use the term connecting when requesting the rooms. Adjoining rooms may just be next door to each other. Also, in my limited experience with connecting rooms (only at POP), one room had a king bed (non-handicapped) and the other had two doubles. Our request for connecting rooms was honored without any questions because we clearly told them that one room would have minor children in it.

Good luck!

JPooh
02-20-2008, 10:40 AM
We have requested connecting a number of times and have always had our requests granted. We had connecting rooms at AkL (2 dbl bds & 1qn w bbs), Pop (2 dbls) comtemporary (2dbls) POR & POFQ (2dbl) cbr (2dbl). If you send a fax to the resort about 3 days before your arrival they will try to accommodate you.

MsMin
02-20-2008, 10:45 AM
I've had adjoining rooms and connecting room and didn't request it either time. But the ressies were made at the same time. Since I have adult kids they it's not a priority but nice but I don't mind if they give it to someone w/ younger children. We had double beds in both rooms both times. I'm sure it can depend on the season too...