PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else visited Disney's Doorway to Dreams?

Mickey 101
02-20-2008, 12:39 AM
I sat through a DVC presentation recently at the Doorway to Dreams store at Woodfield Mall in Schaumburg, IL. I thoroughly enjoyed getting a 'Disney fix' and seeing the AKV room models. It made me feel like I was actually back at AKL. However, the CM (?) that gave us the presentation was a little more pushy than I anticipated. I have never gone to a DVC demo at the parks, so didn't have anything to compare it to, but just didn't expect that. I was with a friend who owns a timeshare through another resort chain and he actually bashed that resort repeatedly, even giving out inaccurate information about the policies of her timeshare. Is that unusual?

DVC Mike
02-20-2008, 07:48 AM
Disney's sales guides typically tend to be low-key / low-pressure, especially when compared to the sales techniques of your typical timeshare salesman.

Terk24
02-20-2008, 11:45 PM
I applied and was interviewed to be a guide but was told I was too into families. I still have to laugh at that.

Mickey 101
02-21-2008, 12:58 AM
I applied and was interviewed to be a guide but was told I was too into families. I still have to laugh at that.

How can a person working for Disney be 'too into families'? I would love to work at the store, as well. I assumed I wouldn't be considered since I'm not a DVC member, but the guide told me that's not a prerequisite. The job looks really fun, and then there's the discounts. :cool:

sillyolbear
02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
My wife and I visited while at a conference just after it opened. It was fun and we did feel the guide applied more pressure than when we toured, and bought, at WDW. I actually attributed the pressure to her enthusiasm more than intentionally trying to be high pressure.