PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck on my job interview tomorrow!

Here we go again...
02-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Well, after every thing I have been through at CVS I have decided it is time to move on. The stress is not good for me and the walking and standing is not good for the knee replacement.

I am actually back out on LOA for a little while because of some problems at work. I decided to take this time to regroup.

I received an email from a friend asking me to send my resume into a local bank. Since I have no banking experience I was not sure what I would have to offer. It turns out they are looking more for management people. I have lots of management experience, so maybe I do have something to offer....
I sent the resume in and got a call pretty quickly. My interview is tomorrow... wish me luck!! Since I started my last job 13 years ago I am not real comfortable with the interviewing thing... a little nervous.

Wish me luck!!!

disneydeb
02-20-2008, 03:00 AM
Good Luck Angel!
You'll do well, you have a great gift of gab!:thumbsup:

vizsla
02-20-2008, 05:44 AM
Good Luck :thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
02-20-2008, 06:24 AM
Best of luck to you! Let us know how it goes!

merlinmagic4
02-20-2008, 06:25 AM
Good luck, Angel!

RedSoxFan
02-20-2008, 07:00 AM
Good Luck Angel.

trennedy
02-20-2008, 08:15 AM
Good Luck!!!!!!:wave:

MissStyles
02-20-2008, 08:23 AM
Goodluck!!! Just remember to breathe, relax and give them eye contact. You never know - the person interviewing you could be nervous too. Please give us a report on how it goes. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
02-20-2008, 08:27 AM
Best of luck, Angel!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
02-20-2008, 09:01 AM
Good Luck!

alpro2
02-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Good luck! :thumbsup:

princessjojo
02-20-2008, 09:09 AM
Best of Luck!! I'm sure you'll do fine. Just be yourself.

disneycouple2004
02-20-2008, 09:11 AM
Good luck..i am sure you will do fine :thumbsup:

January-2007
02-20-2008, 09:25 AM
What a wonderful new opportunity for you- good luck!! :pixie:

MsMin
02-20-2008, 10:37 AM
I'm hoping this proves to be a great decision! Tons of :pixie: for your interview. You should be glad it's not me b/c I always make ppl cry in the interview:(
I'm sure you'll do great, you've always got a confident air but not pompous. I think everyone will love you.. we do (almost everyone but Bret doesn't count ;))
I would hire you. So if you end up working at a bank will you increase my NSF fees (j/k) :D
May the power of :pixie: be with you:thumbsup:

bleukarma
02-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Good Luck tomorrow!!!!!!!

NJBelle
02-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Good luck! Let us know how it goes! :thumbsup:

mrsgaribaldi
02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
I'm sure you will do great!!! Good luck Angel :pixie::pixie::pixie:

SgtTigger
02-20-2008, 08:06 PM
Goodluck......

Just be yourself....... NO wait dont be your self........ No be your self...... No be like Taylor...... Yea thats it be like Taylor........

Goodluck...............

Wait did you put me down for a reference?????? Do I get in trouble if I lie??????

:D

:cop: :tigger:

crazypoohbear
02-20-2008, 08:54 PM
Good Luck,
Remember, dress a notch above what you would expect to dress for at the job.
Firm handshake
Eye contact
call them by name
And lastly
make sure you thank the person on the way out!
I'm sure you are nervous but just relax and remember, they must be interested in what you are bringing to the table because they called you so fast!
Keep us posted.

Beast_fanatic
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Good luck Angel! :pixie:

Watch your body language - don't cross your arms, lean slightly forward to appear interested, make a lot of eye contact, and smile!

conorsmom2000
02-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Best of luck Angel!! I know you'll do great, just be confident and be yourself! Let us know how it goes!! :pixie::pixie::pixie:

Here we go again...
02-22-2008, 09:14 AM
You should be glad it's not me b/c I always make ppl cry in the interview:(
I'm sure you'll do great, you've always got a confident air but not pompous. I think everyone will love you.. we do (almost everyone but Bret doesn't count ;))

First, Why do you make people cry??? You ARE the mean one. ;)

Goodluck......

Just be yourself....... NO wait dont be your self........ No be your self...... No be like Taylor...... Yea thats it be like Taylor........

Goodluck...............

Wait did you put me down for a reference?????? Do I get in trouble if I lie??????

:D

:cop: :tigger:
Just remember that I made Taylor who she is today.... Just like her momma. :D

Good Luck,
Remember, dress a notch above what you would expect to dress for at the job.
Firm handshake
Eye contact
call them by name
And lastly
make sure you thank the person on the way out!
I'm sure you are nervous but just relax and remember, they must be interested in what you are bringing to the table because they called you so fast!
Keep us posted.

I was VERY nervous, but I think I did okay hiding it. They seemed very inteested in me and the fast the the HR person was personal friends with one of my references helped (No, not you Bret)
The problem is that I have no banking experience but more than enough management experience. So, instead of the teller position they were thinking about starting me in, it looks like they are tying to find a better fit.

I am supposed to hear back next week. I will keep you posted.

kakn7294
02-22-2008, 09:36 AM
Sorry Angel, I'm getting in late on this! I glad things went well on your end. I hope you get the job and it's everything you want it to be!

MsMin
02-22-2008, 11:23 AM
No Angel I'm not the mean one but when I ask if they have any mental health experience and try to be empathic :blush: I go over the top. Some have some pretty tragic experiences but I have to know what draws them. I've gotten better..

daparish
02-23-2008, 12:12 PM
Best of luck Angel. I work for a bank in New Orleans and our home office is in Lafayette so who knows we may be co-workers (not sure which bank you interviewed with). Best of luck and I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Jeff
02-23-2008, 01:24 PM
I'm glad your interview went well.
Good luck.

ElenitaB
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Here's some late arriving :pixie: for you.

Glad to hear it went well! Hope it's what you want and definitely that you'll be happier there.