PDA

View Full Version : Monte Crosto Sandwiches

PETE FROM NYC
02-19-2008, 09:30 PM
Many,many moons ago while dining in MK,DW had a Monte Cristo sandwich.That CS eatery has long since changed formats.Now she wants to get that same sandwich on our next trip.
Who makes it these days?

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 10:32 PM
I was curious what is this "Monte Cristo" sandwich you are asking about, so as a man like never asking for directions I went to "Wikipedia"
Well, has this got anything to do with the fact that it comes out of "New York" Pete?
It sounds great :thumbsup:
It states that it has Ham, Turkey and Swiss cheese between batter dipped grilled or fried bread. It is also served with fresh fruit or with clotted cream on the side. It is sometimes served with preserves, powdered sugar, or sweet mustard sauce.
Each sandwich is 1000 cal + 50grams fat thats without the artery clotting cream.:D
With Disney going healthy good luck pal! :thumbsup: The closest is a Ham, turkey and swiss (all low fat) on ciabatta bread.:mickey:

wendy*darling
02-20-2008, 08:22 AM
They are indeed FABULOUSLY decadent! :blush:

Unfortunately, I do not know of any place on WDW property where you can get them.

You CAN get them in DisneyLAND at the Blue Bayou.
Maybe it's time for a trip to the left coast?:secret:

RoosMomKanga
02-20-2008, 08:55 AM
Mmm...I love Monte Cristo sandwiches...mmm.
The closest thing I've found is the Turkey Panini (I know, not that close) at Pinnochio's in MK (OK, I think the beignets at POFQ were closer).:cloud9:

PETE FROM NYC
02-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Hey Johnno
You say WDW is on the health road?
I see where they are serving a load of healthy options,but if they truly wanted to be healthy,they would not be pushing candy or other empty calories evey ten feet.

mac badger
02-25-2008, 04:50 PM
i dont believe anywhere in the world serves them (not that ive seen)
the only place i can think of that does is bennigan's. there is probably a bennigan's on International drive

Johnno52
02-25-2008, 06:33 PM
Hey Pete you are right I should of included "a slight change" in the post! I like eating healthy but there is a limit! I won't go without my ice-cream or Sticky bun (BW bakery) and a visit to Ghiradelli's at least twice a trip.
Just Magical!:cloud9:

ElenitaB
02-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Hey Johnno
You say WDW is on the health road?
I see where they are serving a load of healthy options,but if they truly wanted to be healthy,they would not be pushing candy or other empty calories evey ten feet.
If they were truly on the "health road," they'd let us order a salad at a CS or TS meal on the DP, instead of a dessert.

Johnno52
02-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Ellen I agree with you and we are not happy with the limitations of the DDP and now going OOP. In all fairness there are healthy choices if you want, at the resorts we bought fruit bowls with our snack credits for breakfast, fries can always be substituted for a cold pasta serving. Disney is a business and it wants to make money, but it values its public opinion very much and so wants to appear that it does care about "healthy choices" for their guests.

SBETigg
02-25-2008, 09:15 PM
If you can still get the Earl of Sandwiches (complete with Boursin sauce and battered butter grilled bread) at the Grand Floridian Cafe and Reubens in several locations, I find it hard to believe there's no Monte Cristo to be found. But I guess it is possible. I didn't see them on any menus. I'm not sure it's for health reasons. True, a lot of the options and menus are being lightened up, but they still offer plenty of calorie-loaded, fatty options, too.

Meghan
02-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Sadly no Monte Cristo sandwiches available on property. But a previous poster is correct, they serve them at Bennegins. There's one just off property on 535. Leave Disney from the Downtown Disney exit (where Crossroads is), make a right at that light and you'll see it on your right after a few blocks. It's just after a Wendy's, in the same lot as Walgreens.

tjstrike
02-26-2008, 02:42 AM
The Earl of sandwiche in DTD has some awesome sandwiches but no Monte Cristo. And it's on the DDP.

CousinLouie
02-26-2008, 10:16 AM
FYI ...

From a 1991 Article:

Nutrition latest theme in Disney World dining
Nation's Restaurant News
July 8, 1991 by Jack Hayes

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Honoring the nutrition "fantasies" of its 14 million annual park visitors, Walt Disney World is rewriting its food philosophy for 110 restaurants in The Magic Kingdom, Epcot Center and Disney-MGM Studios.

At Columbia Harbour House (in Magic Kingdom) Disney is throwing out fried items like its once-popular Monte Cristo -- a battered turkey, ham and cheese combination -- for more nutritionally balanced sandwiches.

Brian
02-26-2008, 01:56 PM
I never realized they sold these in Walt Disney World. They did, however, have them in Disneyland at the Blue Bayou back in '05.