PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Springs help with lodging..Broadmoor or Cheyenne Mountain resort?

mouseketeer mom
02-19-2008, 01:33 PM
We are heading out west to Colorado Springs the very first week of July. My husband is speaking one day at a conference in downtown Colorado Springs, so we are making a family trip of it. We will stay a week, with my husband working the last day of our trip. I am looking on line, and tentatively reserved two different places for us to stay. 1) The Broadmoor..looks incredible, with a pricetag to match, perhaps a once in a lifetime experience?? and 2) The Cheyenne Mountain Resort. Website looks terrific, however, online reviews are mixed. The pricetag is nicer, but can it compare with the Broadmoor across the mountain? So unsure what to book. With the exception of San Francisco, I've never been out west. Any Colorado Springs pros?

bcornette
02-19-2008, 03:50 PM
If the Broadmoor is an option I would choose it in a heartbeat. It is an awesome place with a beautiful view. If your husband is a golfer I highly recommend the Broadmoor course.
I have only been to the area once so can't give much advice other than you have to go to the top of Pike's Peak, great and sometimes scary drive with a beautiful view.
When I was there I was visiting my brother so he took care of all planning. We just did a lot of hiking and golfing, he was the super intendant of the Broadmoor golf course at the time.

Katarch
02-19-2008, 04:58 PM
I just came back from a conference at the Cheyenne Mountain Resort. It's a nice place but needs some updating. If you get a room thats not been redone it could be a little shabby. If you get a room in one of the outer buildings you'd have to walk up to the main building for restaurant & bar.
The grounds are nice with a great view of mountains but I'd pick the Broadmoor as my first option.:mickey:

buzznwoodysmom
02-28-2008, 03:20 PM
Lisa,

I can't help you concerning the resorts, but wanted to tell you that you'll love Colorado Springs. We spend a week there in March of 05 and we loved it. We were able to spend a week there with DH before he deployed to Iraq. We stayed at the military hotel since DH had to check in often. Be sure to visit Garden of the Gods, Cave of the winds, and the Royal Gorge. Those were our favorite things we did while there. We also did 7 falls, Cheyenne Mt. Zoo, Roy Rogers Shrine, and a few other places I don't remember the names of. It was winter and snowing while we were there, but I've seen pictures of it in July and it is still a beautiful place to see. I only regret not getting to go up to Pike's Peek. I hope you have a great time.

mouseketeer mom
03-11-2008, 09:06 AM
Thanks Denise! I'm really excited to go because I've never been out west. (only to the west coast) The resorts we are looking at are right by the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo. I wondered if you saw them. We are leaning towards the Cheyenne Mountain Resort because it seems more comfortable to us. Its kind of WL looking from the pics. The Broadmoor looks ritzy and stuffy, altho beautiful. The last thing I want to think about on vacation is whether my kids are making too much noise or something..things along those lines. I'm really only one day alone with the kids while DH works, so I can just hang at the resort and swim, or just relax that day. I can't wait to see what that part of the country looks like and feels like. It looks like a world away from NJ. I wonder too, how different the pace will be..everyone tells me its much more relaxed, everything is slower out there. Thats so interesting to me because everything is fast and competitive here in the tri-state area. I really can't wait to experience it!

buzznwoodysmom
04-06-2008, 11:41 AM
Lisa,

You are going to love it. It is the most beautiful place I've been. I love the beach and other places, but the mountains just did it for me. We plan to go back one day and I can't wait!! I did not notice any resorts really anywhere I went. There was so much beauty all around to look at I didn't notice buildings at all. I would say it definitely had a laid back feeling. I hope you have a great time.