PDA

View Full Version : Whats your dream home?

DizNee143
02-19-2008, 01:01 PM
going along with the - what kind of home do you live in thread...
i figured id ask what is everyones dream homes?

for me..nothing to big..i want a ranch style house..with a log cabin feel...i absolutely LOVE the country look...i want at least 3 bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths...and i have always wanted a window seat!!...thats about it..i dont ask for much!! lol

so what are all of yours?

thrillme
02-19-2008, 01:14 PM
Oh goodness...a dream home...

Wouldn't that be somewhere along the lines of Cinderella's Castle? :D Perhaps SELF CLEANING!!!

I guess if I had to stay on earth :cloud9: and within my possible budget I'd like perhaps a 4 bedroom 2800 sq ft. ranch style.

HOWEVER in our annual Parade of Homes I've found several BEAUTIFUL ones that have the entire living room/kitchen open up to become sort of a open patio leading out to the pool, down to the wine celler. WOW...this could just plain be limitless

disneymom15
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Well, I guess I'd say the house I live in right now. My husband drew up the plans and did most of the building himself. It took him nearly a year to complete and I love it. We've lived in it for about 13 years. I'd like to update to stainless steel appliances and granite countertops in the kitchen.

princessjojo
02-19-2008, 02:19 PM
My dream home is taped up on my bathroom mirror, though I know I'll never have it, it's still great to dream about. It's a 2 story contemporary, 3800sqft with and primarily stone exterior. I would bring the same stone into the kitchen/family room in order to tie the inside to the outside putting the stone around the island in the kitchen, on the wall that seperates the kitchen from the family room, and on the fireplace. Each bedroom has it's own bathroom and there's 3 bedrooms and a master suite. I will have a stairway in the main entry that is very slightly curved leading to the upstairs and another stairway from the kitchen area. My laundry room will be large enough to seperate and do the laundry without falling over mounds of clothes. There is an enclosed patio with a slate floor that extends to the outdoor kitchen for our entertaining pleasure. The slate will extend around the pool area. My pool house will be small, just large enough for the toys and chairs. There is also a 4 car garage and we plan to have a seperate shop for the boat and other boy toys.

Inside the master closet is as large as a small bedroom and then there's DH's closet. It will be cedar lined. It will be a smart house with every room wired for computer/television/security. My kitchen will have viking appliances and there will be any utinsil you need to cook with there. Because we all have terrible allergies, there will be mostly hardwood floors thorugh out and tile in the kitchen, bathrooms, and laundry. My basement will be where the family toys such as pool table and big screen tv will be along with the video game stations. Certain rooms will have hand painted ceilings or murals. And I will have a secret room for valuables.

That's enough for now. There's just too much else to talk about in my dream home.

DisneyFreak23
02-19-2008, 02:29 PM
Any house in Hawaii is fine with me!;)

IloveDisney71
02-19-2008, 02:50 PM
My dream house would be one that is paid off!!!;)
Seriously, my DD's are going to be leaving home within the next 3 years for college...so DH and I are talking about downsizing once they graduate and get jobs and move out. I'd love a house with plenty of STORAGE that is easily accessible - not in the attic! I would love to have a house that is organized by a professional...closets, cabinets, drawers, etc. I'd love a sunroom where I could read for hours in peace and quiet with plenty of storage for all of my books. I know my DH would love a home theatre/music room where he could store his massive music collection. It's nice to dream!!!

Dakota Rose
02-19-2008, 05:12 PM
My current home, a farmstyle two-story with wrap-around porch, is very close to my dream home. The only things missing are victorian-style gingerbread and a big family/rec room, both of which we hope to add one day. Oh and I can't wait for all the trees we planted two summers ago to actually be trees and not 5 foot tall twigs.

But, the self-cleaning idea is a really really good one! Man, if they can make public restrooms self-cleaning, why not houses? :D

BronxTigger
02-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Ohhh...let's see. Anything with a washer and dryer will do.

Actually, I'd love an older house, something like a Brownstone or a Craftsman style. It'd have a yard just big enough for a patio with a BBQ and sitting area, a small garden, a hammock, and room for a play structure. It would have a WASHER AND DRYER. It would have a designated parking spot (for the car I would get) and it would have a jacuzzi tub. It'd have enough bedrooms for the kids that I don't yet have, plus a nice master suite and a room for my scrapbooking stuff and books.

And did I mention it would have it's own washer and dryer?

trennedy
02-19-2008, 09:05 PM
I'd take Cinderella's Castle Suite!!

Honestly, I'd love an open floor plan with a huge master bedroom/bath and walk in closet. I have this now, but I'd like my view to be of the ocean!!!

Jeff G
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
My dream house is the one we currently reside in but with no mortgage attached to it. I tend to be a very humble person and the house we have is failry nice with a ton of great memories already in it.

magicofdisney
02-20-2008, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty much in love with the home I'm in now. It has tons of closet space. The most I've ever had. I would change just a couple of features if given a choice, but we're happy with the floor-plan overall.

d_m_n_n
02-20-2008, 08:10 AM
I love our home right now and don't plan to ever move from here. The only thing I would change is add an addition on the back of the house with a family room and a real true-to-life laundry room with a DOOR to hide my waiting loads from the outside world (currently the laundry is at the door everyone uses when they come to visit :blush: ).

MissStyles
02-20-2008, 08:59 AM
All I need someday is a BIG, nice kitchen. I've never lived anywhere where more than 1 person can cook comfortably.