PDA

View Full Version : OKW questions

Simbafan73
02-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Hey,

Just wondering if someone can tell me about their experience at OKW.
How big is the resort, what are the best rooms ( we are getting a 2 bedroom villa ) what are the rooms like compared to other vacation villas etc....

Thanks in advance for any help

pox24
02-19-2008, 11:34 AM
By virtue of the fact that this was the original DVC resort, the rooms are a bit larger than the other DVC locations, except for the new AKL. Its a spread out resort winding through the Lake Buena Vista Golf Club and within a short boat ride to DTD. Its quiet and very nice. We enjoy Bldg. 24. Its located on the 6th hole and is right across the street from checkin and all the activities. The 2 BR is a villa and 1 BR connected. Very nice. Olivia's is a nice and seldom crowded sit down. The Gurgling Suitcase is the watering hole for adult beverages. The pool and marina is also very nice and crowd friendly. Most don't like the fact that its a ways from everything, but I think it makes a stay here better. Not so much a race. Vacations are suppose to be relaxing too. And OKW sure gives you that.:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
02-19-2008, 12:40 PM
OKW probably has the nicest rooms of any of the VC resorts at Disney. They are bigger, and they all come with a golf course, woods, or pool view. You can park right outside your room, and the whole place is quiet and peaceful. You will love the 2BR at OKW.

Pooh Fan
02-19-2008, 12:46 PM
I was fortuante enough to spend a week in a 2BDR at OKW back in 04. What a room! Very large, the master bedroom and bathroom was awesome. The full kitchen and laundry are both handy. Although you don't want to spend too much time doing either on vacation, having them there is very nice.

dolphinmickey9170
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
We like building 24 in that loop as well. The good thing is, it is the first bus stop, so if you see your bus going by and you aren't going to make it to the bus stop in time, you can walk over to the hospitality house and catch the bus when it stops there (The last stop). This worked well for us. It's also a very quite area. Nice view off the balcony too. There is also a great walking trail from OWK to SSR and it was wonderful. It was fun going from one resort to the other. Very quiet, runs along the golf course and past the treehouses.

disneylovinmom
02-19-2008, 08:16 PM
OKW is wonderful. You will not be disappointed. We only had a 1 BR villa, but it was bigger than our first home. The resort is lovely and quiet, which a quiet room after long days at the parks is very important to me. The pools are nice, the boat to Downtown Disney is a very nice, relaxing ride, not to mention very convenient. You can get there by bus too, but the boat is so much better. Enjoy your stay. You will love it!!:thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2008, 04:06 PM
The resort is rather large. In December, we had rooms in buildings #38 & #39. Let me tell you, the view from those places is NOT of a golf course, water, or any other delightful sight; we had a view of the road/highway behind the resort - along with the associated noise.

Now that being said, OKW usually affords great views with terrific accomodations. The villas are very large - especially 2BR & GV.

Our only real complaint about the buildings down Old Turtle Pond Road was that the bus service in the evenings is virtually non-existent. What happens after 6 or 7 PM is that if no one on the bus is getting off at the Turtle Pond stop, the bus drivers don't even drive up to the stop to p/u potential awaiting passengers. We encountered this several times in December and it was very frustrating.

My family loves OKW. But unless we're in one of the buildings closer to the Hospitality House, we'll stay elsewhere. Our faves are #23-26, but we'll take anything down Miller's Road as well.

BelleLovesTheBeast
02-22-2008, 03:21 AM
I've stayed in the 2 bedroom villa and it was beautiful. Our room was on the side with trees. It was very relaxing to sit out on the balcony at night. I'd stay here if I was going as a family. The rooms are very spacious.