PDA

View Full Version : upgrades

bkahrens
02-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Here's my problem, moderate resorts have double beds. I am trying to convince my DH to take a trip next January but I don't really want to outlay the cash for a deluxe resort. We did that 2 years ago and while it was an amazing experience it's very pricey. Anyway, I'm all excited about CSR and he is complaining about spending one night in a double bed this spring on another trip somewhere else in transit. How will I ever convince him to spend a week in a double at WDW??!!?? So then I was thinking maybe AKL but I heard regular rooms are not very nice. Is there any chance I might get an upgrade mid January to a savannah room with just a standard room booked? I hate to sound cheap but it isn't a cheap trip especially with airfare added on from Wisc!I also have 2 DD's that will have to share a bed and that is a true nightmare. HELP!!!!!

goofiecrazy
02-18-2008, 11:55 PM
NEver hurts to ask for a upgrade the day of check in.U never know they just might do it without u even knowing.Asking is always free..

spgale
02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
I have only stayed at the CBR 3 years in a row now and have NEVER had anything smaller than 2 queen size beds in my room so far.Not doubles

Steve

kakn7294
02-19-2008, 08:32 AM
I wouldn't count on an upgrade. What about the family suite at ASMu? That would give you 1 queen and a double and 2 single pull-outs. Plus you would have a little kitchenette with a fridge, microwave, and coffeemaker and 2 bathrooms. It costs about $35 per night more than a standard view room at a moderate. You could also book 2 rooms at a value - 1 king and the other 2 doubles with a connecting door - for $15 per night more than that same standard room at a moderate and again, you would have 2 bathrooms.

vamaggie
02-19-2008, 08:46 AM
It may be more but you could also look into a bunk bed room at WL. It is the least expensive deluxe. I believe there is a queen bed and each girl would have her own bunk bed.

BigRedDad
02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
We were upgraded from a standard parking lot view to a King bedroom on the second floor overlooking the Savannah. Now, this was our Honeymoon and they knew this ahead of time. The WDW reservationist told me not to go to book anything above standard because the honeymoon on the reservation would get me upgraded. Sure enough, it did. That is a specific circumstance and I am not sure how often it happens.

Seasonscraps
02-19-2008, 09:48 AM
I agree with Kathy about looking into alternative accomodations. I wouldn't leave something that could make or break a vacation up to chance like that.