PDA

View Full Version : Lunch @ Studios?

Janet89
02-18-2008, 09:23 PM
What are your favorite places to get lunch at Studios? It doesn't matter if it's CS or TS. My DS will be eight by that time, so if there is a place that would appeal to him, that would be great!

pogo
02-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Our favorite at DHS is the Backlot Express. I love the Pulled Pork BBQ sandwhich. :thumbsup:

Enjoy ! :D

FiggyFan
02-18-2008, 09:36 PM
For CS, Backlot Express is a good choice. For TS, 50's Prime Time is excellent - good, simple hot food, good atmosphere, entertaining CMs, and a chance for DS to see mom or dad scolded for elbows on the table or not eating all the vegetables :haha:. Not to mention (but I will) a rootbeer float with your meal :mickey:.

bcornette
02-18-2008, 11:31 PM
For me it has to be 50's PrimeTime. Where else can you see a waitress make an adult man put his nose on the wall because he won't finish his veggies. Or stand up and say I will not take my kids food 5 times.

Jared
02-18-2008, 11:37 PM
My family actually avoids the counter service places in Disney's Hollywood Studios. I think they are considerably worse than the counter service restaurants in the other parks.

If you're looking for a table service lunch, though, you definitely chose the right place, especially for an young child. The 50's Prime Time Cafe is so fun it's basically an attraction, and the food is not bad, either.

:tasty:

brownie
02-19-2008, 09:42 AM
Backlot Express is our favorite place. We've always had good food there and I really enjoy looking at all the stuff in the dining area.

Seasonscraps
02-19-2008, 09:52 AM
I enjoy the atmosphere at the Sci Fi Diner - I love sitting in the cars watching oldie movie clips & commercials.

jefmblrd
02-19-2008, 11:15 AM
You can have a really fun experience at either the Prime Time (depending on your waitperson) or Sci-Fi, but the food is just okay at both places. The real draw of both places is the atmosphere-eating comfort food in a 1950s house or eating food while sitting in a "car" watching old sci-fi clips at the drive-in. It can be a really fun and memorable family experience, but once again, the food is nothing special at either place.

The ABC Commissary is just okay, and the Backlot Express is decent. Mama Melrose is pretty average Italian food as well.

I've never eaten at the Brown Derby, but I've read some pretty good reviews about it-although I believe it's a bit pricey.

Septbride2002
02-19-2008, 11:47 AM
We are also big fans of 50's Prime Time Cafe - they've got good stick to your ribs food that will stay with you for awhile. I also like the sandwiches available at Starring Rolls (CS).

~amanda

MOJoe
02-19-2008, 12:19 PM
I took my boys, 13 & 8, last year for lunch at Sci-Fi. They begged me to go there again this year. The milkshakes are very good, and so are the burgers. This is one of the most unique restaurants anywhere, and worth a try.

OhToodles!
02-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Definitely Sci-Fi! We eat there every visit. The atmosphere is great! Make sure you request a car when you make ADRs, otherwise you might get seated at a picnic style table, which is fine too, but the car makes it feel like you're at a real drive in. Plus they play old monster movie clips. Totally fun!

Jaycee's Mom
02-19-2008, 01:35 PM
We like Pizza Planet for lunch. They have the BEST cookies!!!! We always go to 50's Prime Time for dinner on our Hollywood Studio day.

BubbaBax
02-19-2008, 02:06 PM
SciFi is our favorite. We once ate at the Brown Derby. The food was great, but it was alittle pricey. SciFi has good food at a good price, but it is the atmosphere that makes it great. Its like sitting outside on a summer night watching a an old horror movie, enjoying your food.

WDW24
02-19-2008, 02:28 PM
My favorite lunch at DHS is Sci-Fi Dine-In.:thumbsup:

It's awesome to be able to see movies while you're eating in a car! :D

Second choice is 50's Prime Time even though we usually eat there before seeing fantsasmic.

LauraF
02-19-2008, 03:29 PM
If he's eight, take him to Toy Story Pizza Planet. It has an arcade, plus good pizzas and decent salads. (And for an arcade place it's not too loud and flashy.)

McGoofy
02-19-2008, 04:07 PM
My 9 year old son loves to go to Pizza Planet. I like the pizza there. It is not your typical card board box frozen pizza. On our last visit, my DH, DS, and I shared 2 counter service meals there, and we were all full.

As for table service, my favorite is Prime Time 50's. It's good old fashioned comfort food and can be a lot of fun for kids if you get a good server. I love the pot roast, and the PB& J shake for dessert is a must try!!:thumbsup:

mdearmas
02-19-2008, 04:19 PM
I would recommend the ABC commissary and Toy Story Pizza Planet!

:goofy:

OTmomof3
02-19-2008, 06:55 PM
We love the Sci-Fi. The kids get a kick out of sitting in the "car" at the "drive-in" to eat. I think the burgers are really good and when we ate there in 06 they still had the all you can drink milkshakes. Not sure if they still do, but we definately got our moneys worth then!;)

SAnderson70769
02-20-2008, 10:11 AM
50's prime time is a must for us every trip - food is great and the atmosphere fun too! Going there next week - we leave in 5 days!!!

lightyearfan
02-20-2008, 10:34 AM
this might get alot of flack but i would say Pizza Planet, with a DS of 8 he would have alot of fun there, and imho the pizza isn't all that bad, regardless of how some people feel about the pizza at WDW as a whole.

Victor

Young@Heart
02-20-2008, 10:44 AM
I would also say Sci-Fi. My DC love it, and would go again if DH and I didn't veto it. :blush: We loved it the first time, and liked it well enough the second. But we really want to try something new. However, if you haven't been (esp. your DS), I think it's a must-visit when at DHS. No food at WDW can compare to the atmosphere at Sci-Fi! Even if you're not wowed by your meal, you'll be too caught up in what's around you to notice. :mickey:

Natazu
02-20-2008, 07:00 PM
If you like sandwiches and killer desserts, Starring Rolls is the way to go. For a measly CS credit, you can get a 10oz turkey & cheese on foccacia with mozzarella, arugala, peppers & tomatoes, a drink, and one of 15 different desserts.

And of course, little can beat the Brown Derby lunch, worth every penny.

Honorable mention to 50PTC and Backlot Express.

Sci-Fi is fun but for $12, I'll make my own turkey sandwich, thanks.

RAIDER
02-21-2008, 04:07 AM
If i want a simple meal i go for SCI FI ( they make the best milkshakes in the world )..If i want to be pampered i go to the Brown Derby :cloud9::mickey:

LudwigVonDrake
02-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Sci-Fi for lunch. The food isn't the best but the atmosphere is awesome. I would never recommend it for dinner.

Duchess99
02-22-2008, 08:51 PM
I know Sci-Fi isn't a big hit on Intercot, but it's my fav place for lunch at the Studios. The atmosphere is so fun. The food is just ok, but I think it's worth it.