PDA

View Full Version : Question about Extra Magic Hours

AeroRnRer
02-18-2008, 07:54 PM
We are not staying on Disney grounds so we won't be able to take advantage of extra magic hours.

My question is - would you avoid the parks on the days that they offer EMH due to being more crowded?

Lets say we wanted to go to DHS and the EMH were for the evening, do you think if we planned on going there in the morning and left mid/late afternoon it wouldn't be too bad as far as crowds go?

We'll be there the last week of April.

FlaTinkRAMESAM
02-18-2008, 09:04 PM
that'd actually be your best bet. a lot of people who park hop do a different park in the morning, take a break, and then head to the emh park. that's what we do and i know of a lot of people on various trips we have taken that do the same thing...

when we are just doing a day trip, we avoid evening emh parks like the plague in the afternoon and evening, and avoid emh morning parks in the am the same way...

bshaw96
02-18-2008, 09:22 PM
That's the rule we followed our trip last week when we stayed offsite, and the parks still seemed fairly crowded to us. That said, they may have seemed 10 X worse if we hadn't done that.

Donald A
02-24-2008, 09:06 PM
I would think that most people that stay on WDW resort properties have the park hopper option as part of a package. Therefore, I think your approach makes sense.

tjstrike
02-26-2008, 02:15 AM
Even when we stay at the park resorts we still try to avoid the EMH parks until the park closes for non-resort folks. Those parks are always packed.