PDA

View Full Version : Room request proceedure?

Cindy'smom
02-18-2008, 07:35 PM
What is the best way to express a request for a room location at POR? We will be arriving after 2:00am :eek: Considering the hour, I'd love to request a room near the lobby so the DDs aren't hiking all over the resort in the middle of the night. What is the best way? The recommendation used to be to fax the request to the resort. Is that still the best way? How do I get that number? Thank you for your prompt replies....we leave in three days!:woohoo::yay::woohoo:

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Port Orleans Resort-Riverside
1251 Dixie Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000
Telephone: (407) 934-6000
Fax: (407) 934-5777

You can request bldg 14 / 18 / 27....they are the closest to the main building......I know the numbers seem random, but trust me, it's just the way it is.....# 18 / 27 are right beside a quiet pool, 14 is just closer to the food and busses....in the large scheme of things they are beside each other so you may only gain mere feet, not much in way of "more convienient".......I hope I've helped you some. oh, we faxed our requet in last June and we got what we wanted.....don't forget to tell 'em your estimated arrival time and ressie #'s....have a great trip!!!

TammiMcMan
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Your best option would have been to have it noted on your reservation. If you didn't do that, you're left with trying to fax them. Unfortunately, there's just no guarantee anymore that they even look at the faxes.

It's tough getting in that late, especially if it's a busy time of year. They don't "block" rooms, so those checking in ahead of you basically get their choice of the best room locations. We've arrived late more times than I would have liked and on a few occassions, did have to take what was available until they could move us the next day.

Hope it works out for you.

Cindy'smom
02-19-2008, 06:18 PM
Thank you for your suggestions. I will fax the request and hope for the best. It won't be the end of the world if our request isn't met. Afterall........we will be in Disneyworld in 2 days!!!!!:joy: