PDA

View Full Version : GF Garden View Building Help!!!

jakeybake
02-18-2008, 07:23 PM
Hi all!

I am lucky enough to be spending the first week of March down in "The World" for a work conference. It gets even better. They have booked me at the Grand Floridian, all expenses paid (except passes that is).

I called today to find out what level room the conference attendees are being booked into and I was told we are all being booked into garden view rooms, which is what I expected. They also said that the rooms they are holding are the standard 2 queen bed rooms but I could request a king bed room if I wanted to, though it wouldn't be guaranteed, just a request.

My question is this. Is there a certain garden view building I should request, and if so should I request a king bed building? I really prefer a king bed but do not want to limit my opportunity for a better building with my king bed request.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated!!

Jay

TammiMcMan
02-19-2008, 11:48 AM
Most of the garden view rooms offer just that, a nice garden view. Personally, I think that Conch Key offers the nicest garden views. You could also ask about Sago Cay, which has a whole side of the building where their garden views actually overlook the marina. Unfortunately, if you end up with a room on the backside of Sago Cay, you could end up looking through the trees at the facilities parking lot.

King beds are located throughout the resort, so asking for a specific building shouldn't increase or decrease your chances of a king bed.

It's been my experience with the GF, that they usually assign rooms from available inventory during check-in. You can ask in advance, but I'd definitely double check with the CM when you arrive. They could have a room that fits your specifications, but you may have to wait a little bit longer for it (this is if you're arriving before 4pm).

jakeybake
02-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Here is another strange twist.

When I checked my reservation on disneyworld.com it had me listed as being booked into a Landscape View Room.

I know there are Garden and Lagoon view rooms but I have never heard of a Landscape View room?

I am assuming this is a Garden View room but am still confused.

Has anyone ever seen this before?

Jay

TammiMcMan
02-19-2008, 03:17 PM
It seems to distinguish between a regular booking of a garden view and a convention booking of a garden view. Unfortunately, it probably indicates to the room assignors and check in staff, that a "landscape" room already has a special rate and won't likely be upgraded.

jakeybake
02-19-2008, 04:02 PM
Another interesting thing just happened.

I called to request a King Bed and Upper Level Room and the cast member I spoke with asked me what my first preference was, should they be unable to honor both of them.

That was the first time that happened to me and I thought it was interesting.

Jay

TammiMcMan
02-19-2008, 04:16 PM
I've always been advised by CM's to list my requests by priority. They do try to give you the exact room you want, but in case they can't they like to know which request is the most important to you.