PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Experience?

KAT1811
02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
I was wondering about the Disney Dining Experience? Is it worth it? DH does not want to do the dining plan on our next trip so I was thinking the DDE might be something we should look into. I was wondering what all of your think about DDE. If I understand it correctly you get 20% off the meal at the participating restaurants in WDW. Does everyone in the party need the DDE or is it the same as the annual passes, only one member of the party? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

KylesMom
02-18-2008, 05:28 PM
We've found the DDE membership to be very worthwhile over the course of the past few years we've been members. Only one member of your party needs to have membership for a group of six (?) guests (it used to be 10-not sure if it's 6 or 8 now). You either need to be a Florida Resident or Annual Passholder to purchase a yearly membership.

Although a few TS restaurants do not participate in the DDE, we still find it pays for itself within the first few days of our trip. We try to order it to coincide with expiration of our A/Ps, so that we receive the full value of the card. If you plan on having a few sizable TS meals, or if you are staying at a resort which doesn't have a full-service TS restaurant, I'd highly recommend it. :beer:

Going2HeavenRU
02-18-2008, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I have seen offers where the dinning plan is added free to vacation packages via AAA. Does anyone know when or if this offer will be made again? We are going to Disney on our first wedding anniversary in Sept and want to get the dinning plan for free if possible.

G2H :confused:

sillyolbear
02-19-2008, 08:36 AM
We have the DDE and have found it very worthwhile and a money saver. Some have been turned off by the 18% gratuity being added at all TS restaurants this year, so opinions might vary.

Aggie97
02-19-2008, 01:51 PM
We've been really pleased with the DDE. We used it during our trip a couple of weeks ago, and our experience with the automatic 18% gratuity was very positive. :mickey:

DDuck66
02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
We love the DDE, even with the automatic gratuity. It has paid for itself with about five meals (less if you have a big party). We used it two weeks ago at Captain Jacks in DTD and they did not add the automatic gratuity. It did not matter as our waitress was great and we tipped her over 20% anyway. If you have AP's and make more than one trip per year, then it is well worth the cost.

Belle_0717
02-19-2008, 10:11 PM
The DDE is definatley worth it. My DHh and I bacame annual passholders and DDE members on our honeymoon in 2005. You get 20% off at most table service restaurants.( Including alcohol, which surprised us.) It pays for itself in a couple of meals.

mudpuppysmom
02-20-2008, 06:22 PM
We used ours on three different trips, so it paid for itself over. DH likes to eat at nicer places and try them out, plus he has gotten into wine and sushi, so getting the 20% off helps immensely!!

This past January we used it the final time before expiring and I will say that most of the time 18% was about right for the tip.....a couple of places we did leave extra, but not many, one was actually a buffet which DH decided that the CM was really over the top attending to our needs -- I thought it was OK, but he bartends so he is more mindful of tipping than I am, so I agreed.

It really is a decent value at I believe $65 for AP holders.