PDA

View Full Version : Port Orleans FQ or R???

JPelle76
02-18-2008, 03:43 PM
I've very excited! I'm going back to "the mother ship" :mickey: 4th of July week for my younger sisters 21st b-day. Her b-day is on the 4th and we already have a night of partying at PI planned out! :beer::marg::beer: Anyway I made reservations for the week at POFQ but i'm starting to second guess myself reading about all the rave reviews on riverside. I think i just need some reasurance that we will enjoy FQ. We've stayed at Coranado the last 2 times and absolutly loved it but this year we wanted to switch it up a bit. Laugh if you will, :blush: ever since i was a kid and saw that pictue of the seaserpent waterslide I've been dying to see it in person and never have! So thats part of why I picked it plus I've always wanted to go to the REAL New Orleans and have never been able to. Thanks for any advice you can give! Also if anyone has any good sugestions on how to embaress my DS good on her birthday I'd love to hear! :party:

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 04:17 PM
If I'm to blame I'm sorry....I rave about Riverside any chance I can....I absolutley love it there, but FQ is awesome too......it's virtually the same.......just different decor, a different variety in the food court.....actually if there is something you want from either it's just about a 10 minute walk between 'em......you'll love FQ, I'm sure, but my heart will always choose Riverside......

JPelle76
02-18-2008, 09:02 PM
LOL! Yeah I think it might have been you! :mickey: Thanks for the info! I feel a little better now! Glad to see I can at least walk over there and see waht I'm missing! Who knows Riverside might end up being next years resort! Can't wait to go! :mickey3:

tinksmom02
02-18-2008, 09:39 PM
We stayed at both resorts last year, and both were great, but we preferred FQ for its size and coziness. Riverside is beautiful but so BIG and spread out~although, having stayed at CSR, you're used to that!

The best thing is that, as #1donaldfan said, the resorts are sisters, so you're more than welcome to use the amenities at both. You can take the short boat ride (or walk, it can be even faster!) to Riverside and check it out.
When we were at POR in January, the food court was closed for rehab, but I've heard it's a great improvement now. And Boatwright's is there, too, if you'd like a sit down meal. We had a lunch there--pretty good, and a fantastic breakfast! The stuffed french toast is awesome!

I highly recommend checking out Bob Jackson, the piano man who plays at the River Roost at Riverside. He's great!

BUT, FQ has beignets! LOL And a musician at their lounge, as well. DH said he was pretty good.

Anyway, sorry to be long-winded, but I think you'll be happy at FQ, and you can definitely check out POR for a future stay!

eyoreswife
02-19-2008, 08:05 AM
also pofq is first to get picked up at the bus, so you always get a seat:number1:

CanadianWDWFan
02-19-2008, 08:28 AM
We have stayed at both and found that POFQ is our choice. While we did like both resorts just POFQ was more to our liking. We found POR to be a more spread out and it really took a lot longer to get anywhere on property. While at FQ we could walk from one end of the resort to the other in under 5 minutes. We prefered the selection at the Food Court as well. It just seemed that the choice was more varied.

But IMHO either of these resorts are a great place to stay. You won't be disappointed by either one.

Jenemmy
02-19-2008, 08:29 AM
I stayed at FQ for the first time last month and have never stayed at POR.

What I saw of POR looked gorgeous, but my only hesitation in staying there is the bus situation. FQ is picked up first, and then the bus proceeds around 4 stops at RIverside. The poor folks waiting at that 4th stop very often couldn't get on the bus and I felt just horrible for them!!

Now, maybe in the peak of summer when you are going, they wil have more busses running than they do in January. I would say though, that is my only concern about RIverside.

We did enjoy FQ, and would recommend it :mickey:

JPelle76
02-22-2008, 11:01 AM
Thanks Guys for all the info! Definatly feel better about my decision! So if the only bad thing about the place is the bus situation then I'm happy since we are renting a car for that very reason! A few 4th of July's ago we stayed at ASMusic and had SO many issues with the buses! We're going to the magic kingdom and like 3 epcot buses would show before 1 Mk did and then day we were going to epcot it was nothing but MK buses. After that we were like WE ARE RENTING A CAR!!!! :mickey:

I'll tell you what as i'm looking out my window right now and seeing the snow fall down the 4th of July can't get here fast enough! :fworks:

swampfox28
03-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I've never stayed at POR, but we LOVE POFQ. My husband is from New Orleans and I lived there for many years; we just adore how it has a lot of that "great New Orleans" feel - without the bad things that you can find in N.O., too!

We LOVED our room, how quiet it was, how well laid out the resort was, etc.

We also loved that we ALWAYS were first to be picked up and first to be dropped off (sorry, POR people, but we LOVED that!) 'Course if I saw someone with a young child or otherwise looked like they needed a seat, I made sure to offer, but there was a certain "me first" seven year old part of me that LOVED that I always COULD have a seat. (I'm SO naughty!):thedolls:

-Sarah

bringbackhorizons
03-03-2008, 05:04 AM
We stayed at POFQ last year, and love it. As pp's have said its good for transport, and a lot quieter than PORS.

Tick-Tock
03-03-2008, 04:34 PM
I've stayed at both, and though I love POR, I usually try to get into POFQ first because of the size and convenience.

jkjs
03-04-2008, 02:01 AM
Enjoyed both but POFQ still our fave mod. In fact it is our 2nd fave on property any catagory.

As mentioned size is one of the main factors. It is lovely and intimate. It's nice after a long day @ the parks to know you have a short walk to your room.

We feel you really get the biggest bang for your buck @ this resort. Have a wonderful time.:mickey:

Diz-Knee
03-04-2008, 12:03 PM
also pofq is first to get picked up at the bus, so you always get a seat:number1:

I second this one! First to pick up and first to drop off! I enjoyed the cozy feeling of the POFQ and it never felt crowded. The food court would get busy but there was always a place to sit. The pool is nice too.

Enjoy!

like2workout
03-04-2008, 02:03 PM
i've stayed at both, and you really can't go wrong either place. like most have said, french quarter is smaller and very easy to get around. riverside is absolutely beautiful with trees everywhere, but we got lost going to our room (in alligator bayou) every single night for a week - ha! i'll admit i have a horrible sense of direction, but that won't happen at french quarter due to the layout. it's very easy to get around. both have excellent food courts. i plan to stay at both again in the future!

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-04-2008, 02:23 PM
Don't worry, POFQ is great!

We've stayed at both, and liked both, and would stay at either again, but we've chosen POFQ for our next trip.

DH loves the theming, I love the small size of the resort, nothing is too far away from the food court, busses or the pool.

DD loves the pool, and we all like the food court. The food was fresh and good, and it was never too crazy or busy.

All in all, FQ is a great place to stay, enjoy :number1: