PDA

View Full Version : Someplace new

azdisneymom
02-18-2008, 02:08 PM
For some reason we always eat most of our meals at Epcot or MGM (sorry - HS) and would like to try a TS at the Magic Kingdom. I am not a big fish eater but will try just about anything else. I would appreciate your suggestions on a TS with good food and interesting atmosphere. TIA. :eat:

NJGIRL
02-18-2008, 03:07 PM
My family likes the Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch. You can order off the menu at lunch. It's a nice quite place which is a nice afternoon break. The food is really good too.

jwildflower1981
02-18-2008, 03:56 PM
I also vote for Liberty Tree Trvern. It's not a Disney vacation unless we eat there. They have your traditional Thanksgiving food's there. Turkey, gravey, mac and cheese, stuffing, green beans....you know, the stuff Maw-Maw cooks for Turkey Day! And also its a character meal. Have a great trip!

dolphinmickey9170
02-18-2008, 06:24 PM
We really enjoy going to the Plaza Restaurant, the food is great. I love their salads, sandwiches, and ice cream.

We also enjoy Crystal Palace. Pooh and friends always add to the fun.

We really didn't enjoy Tony's - just blah, IMHO. Also, Cinderella's dinner wasn't anything to rave about either.

bouldertcr
02-18-2008, 07:30 PM
My vote is for the Plaza Restaurant in MK. It consistently receives great reviews. Also, if you want a break from the park, take the monorail over to the Poly and eat at the Kona Cafe and then head on back to MK. Kona is another place that is well liked. Just a thought.

Stormer
02-18-2008, 08:47 PM
We like LTT for dinner. The characters are great and the family style dinner is very good. We like to do Tony's for lunch sometimes too. The food isn't really great, but we have a late lunch and ask for a table by the window and watch the parade go by. More for the atmosphere than the food.

#1donaldfan
02-18-2008, 09:05 PM
We really like Tony's...the atmosphere is awesome, and the food is very good. LTT is also a very good choice....Have you thought about DtD? Fulton's has to be my all time fav of any Disney eatery for dinner !!!!!

jacknsally02
02-23-2008, 03:00 PM
We usually stop at the poly on the way to MK and eat at Kona cafe, it's really great and right on the way, you can just continue on the monorail, aslo good places on route at GF and Contemporary

comicguy
02-24-2008, 06:06 PM
I would recommend the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. Nice Thanksgiving dinner served family style.(also all you can eat:mickey:)

Natazu
02-24-2008, 06:59 PM
The only restaurant I really love at MK is Liberty Tree Tavern and only for lunch. I don't care much for the character dinner.

Tony's is ok, nothing special, canned Disney Italian food.

Crystal Palace is pretty good for a buffet.

The Plaza is ok for a last-resort-we-don't-have-an-ADR place.

CRT is overpriced by a huge margin.

However, some of the best affordable dining at WDW is a short monorail ride from MK and some of the best gourmet dining in central Flordia is along that same monorail route. From Kona Cafe and 'Ohana to Citricos and California Grill, you can't go wrong with a single restaurant in any hotel on the Monorail Line.