PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks and DisneyQuest

jjramsey
02-18-2008, 12:31 PM
Previously, we had been going to Disney during the low seasons...but now with our kids in school, if we go, we will have to contend with larger crowds.

I have been looking at previous posts about crowds, etc, so am a bit familiar with the 'it is crowded' theme.

Am curious though how crowded is DisneyQuest and the water parks the first two weeks of August vs. the last two weeks of June?

What are the crowds (wait time) like after 3pm at the water parks (have heard that late afternoon and evening are slowest)?

It also appears that the attendance is down after 3-4 p.m. at DisneyQuest, then picks back up around 7-8 p.m. Is this accurate? ...and if so, what would a line wait average at some of the attractions like the Virtual Pirates of the Caribbean (and some other attractions)?

Any other suggestions? Tips?

MOJoe
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM
If you want to visit the Disney Waterparks in mid-summer, you have two options.
1. Get there early. Yes it seems crazy to head for a waterpark at 9 in the morning, but if you want a lounge chair by a pool or beach, you have to beat the crowd.

2. Wait for the "98% guaranteed" afternoon thunderstorm. The early crowds will leave in droves, and the waterpark will be virtually empty.

Never been to DisneyQuest, but i hope this tip helps with your waterpark plans.

laughingplace<3
02-18-2008, 02:24 PM
DisneyQuest is crowded at the evenings, and what you said sounds right about the crowds. Expect 40 minutes to an hour and a half wait at around 4-6ish, and a little bit more at 8 aclock. That is based on previous experience, and that's also the main attractions such as Pirates.

bshaw96
02-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree with the "get their early" idea. Our last 2 trips we actually had to come back the next day b/c parks reached capacity at like 1pm(both June trips).

poohbearlover15
02-18-2008, 03:00 PM
DisneyQuest tends too be crowded on rainy or cold days. So be careful about that. Also I agree about getting to the water parks early instead of late afternon.:mickey:

jjramsey
02-20-2008, 12:46 PM
Thanks to all that have replied!

Out of curiosity, if the lines at DisneyQuest could be 40 min+ between 4 and 6 p.m. Then is there a lighter time of the day (during summer) besides right at opening?