PDA

View Full Version : Transportation?

Mrs Bus Driver
02-18-2008, 12:19 PM
When I vacation I like to leave the driving to someone else. So what is the transportation like from DVC resorts? Is it better or worse then other resorts?

dumbo ears
02-18-2008, 12:57 PM
ive stayed st saratoga springs and the transportation was great there. whenever i ws on the bus i always had a seat and there were always some left over. I think that they are better because theres only one bus that goes to SS but to boardwalk, animal kingdom lodge, and beach club you have to share with other resorts. Key west has its own bus too.

dizneyfreek
02-18-2008, 01:09 PM
I believe you are incorrect about AKL.
I thought I read that they have there own buses that go straight to the parks.

Carol
02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I thought I read that they have there own buses that go straight to the parks.It does. :)

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 08:37 PM
I too don't like to drive when on vacation! Thats why I don't rent a car and use the DME to get us to and from the Airport-WDW. The buses are great! but not all the times.For example coming back to an AS resort after fireworks is a long wait (real bad) Sometimes the park you are going too appears to gets one bus every hour while others come every 5 mins :D The aircon always seems to be on when its cold or you are wet :ill: The one screaming child at the whole resort is sitting right behind you :( but really I would go any other way, go for it!:thumbsup:

Johnno52
02-19-2008, 08:39 PM
err, wouldn't go any other way other than the boats or monorail :D

Mrs Bus Driver
02-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Thanks very helpful:mickey:

Horizon93
02-20-2008, 10:56 PM
WE have never rented a car for a WDW trip. Not driving is part of the fun. I can say that the buses at OKW when I was last there were great. And yes, AKV does have dedicated buses, and unlike OKW and SSR will only have two stops when Kidani Village is completed.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
02-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Bus service was flawless at SSR when we were there in September. The longest wait we had was after MNSSHP one night and that was only 15 minutes.

I stayed at BWV in December. Walking to two parks was awesome. But, I did not like having to stop at The Swan before we were on our way to MK or AK. The buses did come quickly but, by the time we left Swan I felt like I was back on a Value bus...crowded.

Maleficent's Dad
02-21-2008, 04:16 PM
Interesting question as there is a new bus system in place this week (President's Week), at least at SSR. And in the words of one manager on premises, they're working out the kinks. We waited 45 minutes for a bus to DHS on Tuesday morning! :mad:

SSR's buses this week have been less than stellar, I'm sorry to report. :unsure:

So what is the transportation like from DVC resorts? Is it better or worse then other resorts?
It's basically the same unless you're on the monorail. All have buses to the water parks.

OKW = buses to all parks, bus or boat to DTD.

BWV = boats or walk to EPCOT or DHS, buses to MK, AK, or DTD. BW almost always shares a bus with Swan & Dolphin; it occasionally shares buses with BC/YC as well.

BCV = Walk to EPCOT (you can boat it, but that's actually a longer walk and more time), walk or boat to DHS, buses everywhere else. Buses are always shared with YC. Occasionally buses are shared with BW, Swan/Dolphin.

VWL = Boats to MK, FW, CR. Buses to MK and all other destinations. Buses are almost always shared with FW, and at times with Poly or GF. Some have reported shared buses with CR at times, too.

SSR = Boat to DTD, dedicated buses to all other places.

AKL = buses to all destinations.