PDA

View Full Version : What are my chances of getting a king bed from at POP?

SeeJackRunn
02-18-2008, 10:41 AM
I have a preferred room at POP Century from April 30th - May 5th. I requested a room with one king bed, which I know isn't guaranteed, but I was wondering if anybody knew what my chances were of getting a king bed room? Thank you so much in advance :D

Antonio

TheRustyScupper
02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
1) Flip a coin.
2) Truly, it all depends.

Rekenna
02-18-2008, 12:33 PM
Last year my DH and I requested and received a king bed at ASSports. This year I requested one at POP and was told by the WDW reservation person that they took ALL of the king beds out of ALL of the values. I told the WDW rep that it still showed kings as an option at the values and she said she knew it was still showing on the web site but, that all of the kings had been taken out. I requested one anyway when I made my reservations online. So we will see.

PirateLover
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Last year my DH and I requested and received a king bed at ASSports. This year I requested one at POP and was told by the WDW reservation person that they took ALL of the king beds out of ALL of the values. I told the WDW rep that it still showed kings as an option at the values and she said she knew it was still showing on the web site but, that all of the kings had been taken out. I requested one anyway when I made my reservations online. So we will see.

Wow that's the first I heard of that. We requested one twice. We received one in 2004, and it was not a "handicap" room as most of them apparently are. We did not receive one on our latest trip. Can anyone confirm that the beds have been removed?

SAnderson70769
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I just called POP and was told they have king-sized rooms available for Standard and Preferred room locations! Hope that helps!

Sweetpea29488
02-18-2008, 02:12 PM
I just got off the phone with Disney reservations and asked about the king beds being taken out of the value resorts. The person I spoke with said they have not been taken out but they are limited (which we already knew). I told him that I heard they were taken out and he again said they have not been taken out of the value resorts, they were just limited. HTH

NLODisney
02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
I have requested a king bed at Pop 4 different times and have never been able to get one. The last CM that checked me in checked every building not just the preferred that I had paid for and none were available. He told me at that time how many there were in each building (I forget how many) but there really aren't that many available and most are handicap accessable rooms.

i'm grumpy
02-18-2008, 04:06 PM
Are preferred rooms usually booked up in May? Can you just get at the regular rates if they are empty or do they hold them?

Eeyore's My Favorite
02-18-2008, 06:37 PM
We've never been able to get a King bed at any of the Value resorts any time we've requested them. We're always told that none are available when we check in. :mickey:

karenrarintogo
02-18-2008, 07:02 PM
We were able to get a King bed at Pop in both standard and preferred rooms in the last 6 mos.
1. Sept 07--got a standard room king bed around 11:30 am (reminded CM of prior request when we were checking in). After CM checked a list with another CM for at least 15-20 min,they found one. We just stood and waited. We felt this CM went above and beyond to try to honor our request.
2. Feb. 08--got a preferred room king bed at 7:30 pm without even needing to request again while checking in. CM stated we have a King bed for you per your (prior) request.

We are SO HAPPY with our King rooms both times! (At All Star Sports last year, the CM immediately said no king beds, w/o even checking.)

karenrarintogo
02-18-2008, 07:09 PM
By the way,
the standard king room was just that--a king room with a tub.

the preferred room was a king room disabled- accessible--meaing shower was walk in (nice and roomy) and a free fridg (for meds) as well. We loved it!

karenrarintogo
02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
More hopefulness...
My DD and SIL got a King room in Sept. 07 as well at around 11:15 am--with the help of the same helpful cast member we got in Sept. 07...sorry I can't remember her name--she was an angel!:cloud9::cloud9: m Hope you're as lucky as we were!

Sweetpea29488
02-19-2008, 09:50 AM
We've also have gotten our request of a king bed all three times we've stayed at Pop. Hoping for a fourth on our next visit. :mickey: