PDA

View Full Version : ECV Rental Concerns

bshaw96
02-18-2008, 10:04 AM
I read a post on here prior to our last trip about annoyance over ECV's. I remember thinking that seemed kind of rude, as I'd gladly give up my space for someone in an ECV/wheelchair and their family members. However, after this last trip, I've gotta say, people seem to be just renting them to avoid walking around the parks. Now I know they're not just for the elderly or people with actual disabilities/injuries. I'm a nurse, and I realize that sometimes people can have problems that aren't obvious that would make it hard for them to walk around a park all day. But I can't tell you how many people I saw zooming around the parks in these things that made me question if they truly needed them. Especially when a couple of teenagers nearly ran dh and I over at Epcot while racing on theirs :confused: Has anyone else noticed this or was I just being easily annoyed during our stay?

ChipnDaleGal
02-18-2008, 10:50 AM
I am sorry, but I am going to shut this down before it gets ugly. This topic comes up a lot, and it never seems to remain civil. This is nothing against you, bshaw96, I believe you are asking this question with the best of intentions. I have seen too many of these discussions go bad, and they are very hard to moderate.