PDA

View Full Version : ? about rental golf clubs

RedSoxandPatsfan
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Dad, BiL and myself will be playing one round of golf at the Palm course on the last day of our upcoming trip. I have a few questions about the rental clubs. I know that they will be good quality, Titleist and Cobra, but what kind of condition are they in? Are they older and worn out? What are the rental sets comprised of (I.E. 1W, 3W, 3-PW, putter).

Where we are only going to be able to play one round we would rather not bring our own clubs. All thoughts & info will be greatly appreciated.:mickey:

BigRedDad
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Personally, golf clubs have to be fit to your swing, grip, length, etc. For as much as a single round of golf is, I would not want to limit how good of a round I would have by the clubs. I am not a great golfer by any means, but paying over $100 for a round to only get frustrated because of the clubs is not something I would do. Bad clubs can easily add a stroke a hole.

If it were me, I would either bring my clubs or do something else. That is just me.

PAT9760
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
We played Osprey Rdige last November and, like yourselves, were only going to play that one round so decided to rent clubs. They ended up costing about $58.00 each. We have Cobra's and opted to rent those. Clubs were beautiful - looked brand new. As I recall, there was a driver, three wood, five wood, and one of those new hybrid clubs that I used where I would normally use my 7 wood. Irons ran 4 through 9 with a couple of wedges and a putter.

busterthebronco
02-25-2008, 10:25 PM
they are spanking brand new!
i loved it.
got to play with a real matched set of "modern" clubs and best of all didnt have to tote them around and shift them back and forth in the car.
i feel like it was worth it to pay 60 bucks to get to use 2007 cobras!

Maleficent's Dad
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I've never rented clubs there, I always bring my own. But we played with a CM last time down there. He said that Disney turns the clubs over about once or twice a year - then auction off the old ones.

The rentals I've seen have been of very good quality. I know that they come equipped with Scotty Cameron putters - and these run about $300 each!

It is pricey to rent them and I understand that many people would rather rent than lug around their own, but we do find it pretty easy with DME to get our clubs down there nowadays.

EpcotNut
02-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Not to worry - clubs I rented a couple of years ago at Buena Vista were excellent. Unless you are a scratch or better golfer, the ones that you rent will be fine - especially considering the fact that you won't have to lug your own clubs! Either way - enjoy!!:thumbsup:

RedSoxandPatsfan
03-01-2008, 05:08 PM
This is all awesome info. Thank you all for your input. Looks like we'll definetely rent.:mickey: