PDA

View Full Version : What do you use . . . . .

Janet89
02-18-2008, 09:18 AM
to carry your stuff in the parks? I really don't want to carry my purse or a backpack. I was thinking of a smallish cross-body type bag.

Ed
02-18-2008, 09:40 AM
DW uses a fair-sized "fanny pack". Not exactly fashionable, but extremely functional.

As for me, cargo pants (long or short, depending on the weather). Greatest thing since sliced bread!

Tinkerfreak
02-18-2008, 09:54 AM
We used to have DH carry a back pack but the DD's are now old enough to carry their own stuff. :party:
Oldest DD and I both carry small purses that have long enough straps to drape over our shoulders and they stay in place really nice. They have 2 pockets one for money, cards ets. and another for my small camera and cell phone. Youngest DD has a small Mickey fanny pack she has had for a couple of years. This fits her autograph book, pen and other things she carries perfectly and stays secure on her waist.
The only problem I personally have with a fanny pack (other than them being ugly) is that I am very pooh shaped and adding any more bulk to me around the waist is not a pretty sight. Also it just seems to always be in the way and I have to remove it every time we go through a ride entrance with the turnstyles(not sure if this is right). With a small purse over my shoulder I can just lift it up and out of the way for easy passage and I can also lift it up to find things easily. It always stays right in front of me and I can move it easily to get in and out of rides also.

disneymom15
02-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I use a small cross body bag. It works great. I'm able to carry kleenex, sunglasses, camera, and a few other things. There is a front zip pocket that accordians out with a place for money, credit cards, park passes. It's a Tignanella (not sure on spelling). I got it at a Dept store for about $50. It's very cute and fashionable.

BostonChic
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
I always carry my small Red Sox :secret: back-pack with us and on rides.It's not that big so I don't have to worry about water or losing anything.We have 2 kids so I have to carry snacks,sunblock,drink,diapers etc...:mickey:

Speedy1998
02-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Basically, I look at bringing things to the park like this. If it does not fit in my pocket, it does not come.

IloveDisney71
02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I usually carry a backpack, but for my next trip I just purchased a small bag. Its strap goes across my body and the bag sits right at my hip. It won't be in the way. It's about a third the size of a messenger bag. I didn't want to carry something big, but I need to carry my camera, migraine medications, etc. so I have to carry something. I think this will work great.

azdisneymom
02-18-2008, 01:39 PM
I take as little as possible - a very small back pack or sling. On this last trip we purchased the pouches that go on the end of lanyards for our tickets and fastpasses. The best investment I could have ever made.

dolphinmickey9170
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
My DH has a camelbak that has plenty of cargo space for my camera, a few snacks, wallets, glasses cases, and whatever else we want. Me, I carry nothing, except my chapstick in my pocket and we wear our lanyards with a zipper pocket for our room keys and AP and it also holds FPs.