PDA

View Full Version : New Downtown Disney store?

tink'72
02-18-2008, 08:58 AM
A girlfriend of mine just got back from the world and she mentioned that there is a new store in DTD that everything is under $10.00. Has anyone else been there? She got an awesome Expedition Everest picture frame. She said at the store outside the ride the frame was about 26.00 but she only paid 10.00 at this new store????

RoosMomKanga
02-18-2008, 09:13 AM
Yep, just saw it this week, but we didn't find anything :cool: there. It's not a new building though, and I think it has been there awhile. It's in the large building that next to the Rainforest (facing the docks). Part of the building is "Goofy's Candy Co.", part is "Pooh Corner", and part is "Mickey's Mart" (all merchandise $10 and under). I'm trying to remember, but the open breezeway that goes through the building was also part of this also. I'm pretty sure we saw a $10 below area at one of the parks also...my "oldtimers" is keeping me from remembering where though...EC? Sorry, I'm sure someone else will be along with more info.

AnnieBananie
02-18-2008, 09:29 AM
Yes, that store has been there awhile. I shopped there in '06 and this year, also. At times I have found some good bargains there. (a fleece WDW blanket for 9.99 that sold for more than double that). The last time I was in the store I didn't find anything that I wanted. So, it's probably a "hit or miss" kind of thing for shoppers. Hope this helps.

(Getting excited!!!!!! Heading to the World to see my CP daughter on Thursday!!!!)

jkj1224
02-18-2008, 11:33 PM
as well as the one mentioned above next to goofy's candy co. at the marketplace there is also a small $10 and under section at chester and hesters at AK

biodtl
02-19-2008, 11:41 AM
You can definitely get some bargains there (it's where I let my kids buy souvenirs for their friends), but beware - it's very small and can get crowded. If you have a stroller, forget about taking it inside.

Experiment626
02-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Hi everyone

This shop does not sell anything you cannot find in the parks. What they did was take all items throughout the parks that were under 10 dollars and consolidated them into this one location for easy browsing.

If you spot an item at Micket Mart and it has a higher price in one on the parks, like the everest frame example chances are that the item wasnt properly marked down in the parks and if scanned in the shop it would ring up the lower price..:mickey:

whistlewhileyouwork
02-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I also saw a small portion of a shop in epcot(the one right at the entrance to world showcase from spaceship earth) that had a huge sign and display for items 10 and under....i saw it on sunday night. :mickey:

Tink#64
02-20-2008, 12:17 AM
We always visit the candy shop so we've probably been there & didn't even realize it! I'll have to pay attention & look for some bargains this trip! Those bargain WDW souvenears are great for DS's friends, teachers & our extended family! :blush:

It can get rather costly when you are buying for soooo many! :spend:

ncscgirl2005
03-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Yes, that store has been there awhile. The last time I was in the store I didn't find anything that I wanted. So, it's probably a "hit or miss" kind of thing for shoppers. Hope this helps.

This is what I was thinking as well. We went there twice (2nd time was to make sure I didn't miss anything the 1st time) and I didn't find anything I wanted.

figgie
03-09-2008, 09:33 PM
This shop used to sell garden stuff before they turned it into the $10.00 and under shop. I got my Mickey topiary there.

EvilQueen2006
03-15-2008, 04:27 PM
On two seperate occasions, I have bought mugs from this store that once I got them home I found that they leaked. I won't buy mugs from that store anymore, but otherwise I have gotten some great deals. I love the section that has items that are 4 for $10, and my daughter loves the grab bags. I think they cost $6.99.